Our Client in the Manufacturing sector seeks to recruit a HR Manager.
Subordinates: Human Resources Officer, Administration Assistant, Drivers, IT service provider.
Job Location: Nairobi
- Bachelor’s Degree and a post graduate diploma in Human Resources Management.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience. Experience of at least four years in a busy industrial setting handling industrial relations aspects and human resources aspects.
- Must be familiar with all standard labour regulations and policies set by the Kenyan Government and other authorities.
- Must have a good knowledge on conflict management and resolution of labour disputes. Strong negotiation skills, effective counselling skills and team leadership and management abilities
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral in English and Swahili.
- Must be experienced user of computer packages such as MS-Word-Excel-PowerPoint etc.
- Demonstrated skills critical for managerial success including leadership, decisiveness, flexibility, sound business judgment, and highly developed personal, analytical and communication skills.
- Must have experience managing outsourced staff and providers with a good understanding on the management of service level agreements (SLAs)
Employee and Industrial Relations management
- Understand all legal requirements related to employment in Kenya and Company policies. Analyze and implement those regulations into all company labour processes.
- Communicate and coordinate with respective parties and propose suggestions regarding regulations and best practice.
- Lead the process of preparation for union negotiations in liaison with the Deputy General Manager, ensuring they are conducted within legal requirements and providing data and arguments for specific issues( e.g. annual salary negotiations, terms and conditions of service)
- Lead meetings with unions and employee representatives with a view to obtaining amicable solutions to issues related to improving the work environment
- Establish and maintain good relationships with union and labour organisations and employee representatives.
- Handle grievances, queries and complaints of union/ work councils employee representatives in relation with working conditions
- In case of conflicts, identify and implement adequate solutions that protect the Plant and employee interests leading to ensure harmony and increased steady productivity in the work force.
- Sensitisation of employees on the Staff handbook/ CBA terms and conditions of service and other relevant management policies to ensure full compliance at all levels of implementation
- Prepare and manage the HR and administration operating and capital budgets
Health & Safety
- Promote Health and safety policies within the organisation geared towards an improved safe working environment.
- Ensure that legal obligations with regards to Health and Safety are implemented with regards to policies on HIV, Alcohol and Narcotics etc
Contract Management of Employees and Salary /Benefit Administration
- Assist in compiling relative HR metrics, analysing, reporting and identifying trends with recommendations provided
- Oversee preparation of employee contracts renewal, updates and amendments
- Drive salary negotiation process
- Prepare contractual letters such as promotion, service, increments, warning letters
- Ensure all contracts are current and aligned to labour laws
- Ensure all contracts reflected company policy on benefit entitlement and are aligned to the salary structure
- Manage the salary review and adjustment process
- Liaise with external legal consultants on labour court proceedings
- Liaise with Finance on payroll administration and pertinent allowance payments
- Oversee casual labourer record and wages management
Policy Formulation, Updating and Implementation
- Develop and administer employee policy review process
- Ensure policy manual is revised and updated annually
- Communicate policy changes and issues to employees
- Facilitate employee policy changes engagement forums
- Roll-out and enforce human resources policies
- Provide guidance on staff disciplinary and grievance matters
Recruitment- Orientation and Deployment
- Provide strategic advice to management on workforce planning.
- Prepare job adverts for vacancies
- Guide supervisors in job description preparation
- Coordinate screening, short listing and interview process
- Facilitate new employee staff orientation
Performance Management (PM) System development and implementation
- Drive the design and selection of performance management system
- Support management in communication of the PM system
- Oversee the standardization and implementation of the PM system
- Ensure transparency and policy enforcement with regard to the PM system
Competency Development Coordination
- Conduct skills audit as required
- Conduct training needs assessment
- Provide advisory services to managers on competency development process
- Coordinate training programmes
- Develop training plans aligned to the training budget
- Maintain training reports and records for all staff trainings and development activities
Administrative Services – IT, office maintenance
- Manage IT services SLA
- Coordinate outsourced services, company vehicles and other services
- Manage staff medical scheme, company WIBA insurances and,
- Assist in health and safety related matters
Job Design, Evaluation and System management
- Provide guidance on job description formulation
- Ensure job descriptions in the organisation are updated on an ongoing basis
- Lead the Job Evaluation process and Facilitate Job Evaluation grading is applied for old and new positions
- Develop, communicate and integrate job evaluation and grading policy in the employee manual
Staff Welfare Programme Management
- Develop, implement and participate in employee recognition programs.
- Coordinate staff social and annual events
- Develop staff welfare policy
- Design and roll-out staff welfare programmes
Any other duties
- Be on call for emergencies particularly pertaining to staff
- Support supervisor on special projects or assignments that may arise
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with HR Manager-Manufacturing on the Subject line.
Candidates should also indicate their current and Expected remuneration.
Deadline for submission of applications is Friday 8th February, 2019.