The Mater Misericordiae Hospital, a leading Health Care provider is seeking to fill the following position:
Admission and Registration Officer.
The successful candidate will perform patient admission duties by gathering and recording physician, patient, and payment responsibility information while answering enquiries and providing hospital services information.
- Pre-admits patients by receiving bookings from physicians; confirming admitting privileges of physicians; interviewing patients; entering patient information to pre-admissions database.
- Provides patients with information by explaining hospital admission policies, time of admission, room selection, facilities, telephone availability, cell phone restrictions; answering inquiries.
- Secures payments by screening insurance information; identifying patients requiring pre-admission approvals from third-party payers; verifying approvals; notifying patient accounts department of self-paying admissions.
- Greets and receives patients to be admitted by conducting personal interviews; entering demographic and insurance information; confirming pre-admission information; obtaining signatures on legal consents and insurance forms; accepting patient valuables; distributing patient information literature.
- Verifies patient identity by checking identification; preparing and placing identification band on patient. Ensures patient’s arrival to hospital room or testing area by assigning patient beds; notifying nursing unit of patient’s arrival; calling volunteer to transport the patient to the assigned area.
- Admits emergency room and maternity patients by obtaining information from family members; visiting emergency room, delivery room, or patient room.
- Provides information to the public by answering admitting procedure, hospital regulation and service inquiries of patients.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, and local requirements.
- Degree /Diploma in Businesss Administration.
- Diploma in Customer Care
- Minimum 2 years’ experience.
- Must be proficient in computer usage
How to Apply
If you are interested in the above position and you meet the requirements listed, please send your application together with a detailed CV, three  referees and include their Telephone contacts and Email address to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach us not later than Friday 28th February 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.