National Oil Corporation of Kenya is mandated, by the Government of Kenya, to participate in all aspects of the oil and gas sector, covering the up-stream sector (oil and gas exploration), mid-stream (petroleum and gas infrastructure development) and down-stream (sales and marketing of petroleum products).
The Corporation is desirous of recruiting a qualified professional to fill the following position:-
Position: Senior Territory Officer
Reports To: Assistant Manager
Job Group: NOC 5
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Assistant Manager the ideal candidate will drive sales with a view of growing sales volumes and margins.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Implementing business sales strategy by acquiring new business opportunities;
- Maintaining existing business in the respective sector;
- Conducting market Intelligence with a view to positioning the company as the most competitive in price, product range & quality;
- Providing product training to customers;
- Effectively following up of stocking to maximize sales;
- Participating in coordinating customer relations activities with a view of gathering customer complaints, compliments and to improve relations;
- Enforcing good management of credit to ensure customers operate within limit and timely collections;
- Complying with EHS operational procedures, policies and regulations;
- Coordinating sales promotion campaigns and customer open days;
- Coordinating the issuance and maintenance of corporate equipment assets given for purposes of growing sales;
- Preparing and participating in tenders to acquire new business and
- Any other duty that may be assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in Marketing, Business Administration or any other relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Diploma in Sales or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- At least five (5) years relevant work experience in sales;
- Good relationship building skills;
- Selling skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Good negotiation skills; and
- Good interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity, and are thus required to submit clearance certificates from the following institutions together with the job application:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate)
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics & Anti – Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Evidence of on-going clearance is admissible subject to satisfactory results (presentation of a clearance certificate from the above institutions) before the selection process.
Applications should reach us not later than 5pm on 20th February 2019.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
National Oil is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and Gender Equity.
Applicants should either email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop hard copies indicating the position being applied for on the envelope and address to:-
National Oil Corporation
Kawi Complex, South C, Red Cross Road,
Off Popo Road, Behind Boma Hotel
For more information, applicants can access advertisement and application details on National Oil website www.nationaloil.co.ke.
In addition, please attach curriculum vitae that contains details of your qualifications, experience and positions held relevant to this role.
Include your day and evening phone numbers, email address, names and addresses of three professional referees.