The Numerical Machining Complex is a Public Sector entity under the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Cooperatives (MITC). It was incorporated on 4th January 1994 as a limited liability Company with the mandate of steel production, engineering design, development and production of machinery and components.
The Company is currently seeking to recruit exceptional persons to be part of the Senior Leadership Team responsible for the actualization of the revised NMC strategic plan 2018-2022.
The new business direction is premised on the NMC role to catalyze industrialization in line with the Vision 2030 goals and to implement manufacturing, a core mandate to the achievement of the Big Four Government of Kenya Initiatives.
NMC Grade: 4
Job Ref: NMC/QA/01/2019
Reporting to the Managing Director the Engineer I will provide leadership to the design and development of products and services as well contribute to effective maintenance and advisee on the performance of the quality assurance system.
- Provide technical leadership to multidisciplinary team to enable them develop, implement and evaluate strategic management plans and budgets aimed at improving performance standards and organization effectiveness
- Set appropriate production systems and work procedures and instructions
- Prepare specifications for material procurement, carry out evaluation and material inspection
- Ensure adherence to safety procedures and regulations
- Implement quality control systems useful in evaluating and testing mechanical processes /product for consistency
- Provide technical solutions to Engineering problems and monitor engineering processes to ensure conformance to standard project procedures
- Assist in designing and developing products and processes and installation of machinery and equipment’s
- Direct work planning and estimation of costs
- Test and analyze machines tools and components to enhance production of quality products and services
- Be a holder of a Bachelor Degree in any of the following fields:- Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Metallurgy, Chemical, Manufacturing, Production, Civil Engineering or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Be an active member of the Engineers Board of Kenya with annual professional practicing license or member of Kenya Engineering Technology Board registered as Engineering Technologist with annual practicing license.
- Be conversant with computer application in production or engineering field.
- Must have attended leadership/Management Course from a recognized institution;
- Be familiar with performance development and measurement system
- Have knowledge and experience of not less than Seven (7) years in a similar role.
- Be a person of high integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance
How to Apply
Interested persons will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and be in possession; of valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Investigations, Clearance Certificate from HELB, Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA and Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and a report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If you believe you are energetic, highly motivated with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and motivation in pursuit of business growth and success, please submit your application with copies of your professional certificates, testimonials, curriculum vitae, with details of your current position, remuneration, email and telephone contact and three referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
To be considered, your application should be received by the undersigned on or before 28th February, 2019.
The Chairman, Board of Directors,
Numerical Machining Complex,
KR Central Workshops off Bunyala Road
P. O. Box 70660 – 00400
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Numerical Machining Complex is an equal opportunity employer
For full details about this position please log on to NMC website: www.nmc.go.ke.