The Numerical Machining Complex is a Public Sector entity under the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Cooperatives (MITC). It was incorporated on 4th January 1994 as a limited liability Company with the mandate of steel production, engineering design, development and production of machinery and components.
The Company is currently seeking to recruit exceptional persons to be part of the Senior Leadership Team responsible for the actualization of the revised NMC strategic plan 2018-2022.
The new business direction is premised on the NMC role to catalyze industrialization in line with the Vision 2030 goals and to implement manufacturing, a core mandate to the achievement of the Big Four Government of Kenya Initiatives.
Information Communication Technology Officer I
NMC Grade: 5
Job Ref: NMC/ICT/01/2019
Reporting to the Managing Director the Information Communication Technology Officer I will be responsible for the overall management of ICT Department.
- Ensure timely implementation and effective maintenance of systems
- Adhere to information communication technology standards
- Evaluate and recommend on the suitability of information communication technology equipment
- Train, mentor and coach information communication technology personnel and users
- Prepare hardware specifications for information communication technology equipment; verify, validate and certify information communication technology equipment
- Supervise the entire security measures and networking systems in the company; develop reports on ICT standards
- Administer and manage the company’s local area network, wide area network, internet, intranet and telecommunications facilities
- Plan and recommend periodic ICT upgrades, backups and database management
- Maintain integrity of server security
- Manage the company’s information systems and control the company data base
- Provide technical support to ICT infrastructure in the company
- Update and keep inventory on information communication technology equipment; implementing, maintaining and documenting standards of systems
- Repair and maintain information communication technology equipment and associated peripherals
- Participate in designing, developing, review and update the content of the company’s website
- Prepare progress reports of the information communication technology equipment maintenance
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies to help in continuous improvement and cost reduction in the company
- Bachelors of Science degree in any of the following disciplines: – Computer Science, Computer Technology, Informatics computer Science & Technology, Business Information Technology or its equivalent qualification from recognized institution.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)/ Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) or any other equivalent qualification from recognized institution.
- At least 4 years’ experience in ICT field in public or private sector
- Proven ability to create high quality functional documentation and strong requirements gathering skills
- Exposed to core Database Management System
- Be familiar with ERP systems in Manufacturing
- Be familiar with performance development and measurement systems
- Be a person of high integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance
How to Apply
Interested persons will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and be in possession; of valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Investigations, Clearance Certificate from HELB, Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA and Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and a report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If you believe you are energetic, highly motivated with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and motivation in pursuit of business growth and success, please submit your application with copies of your professional certificates, testimonials, curriculum vitae, with details of your current position, remuneration, email and telephone contact and three referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
To be considered, your application should be received by the undersigned on or before 28th February, 2019.
The Chairman, Board of Directors,
Numerical Machining Complex,
KR Central Workshops off Bunyala Road
P. O. Box 70660 – 00400
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Numerical Machining Complex is an equal opportunity employer
For full details about this position please log on to NMC website: www.nmc.go.ke.