Nyayo Tea Zones Development Corporation (NTZDC) is a State Corporation in the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation, whose overall mandate is the promotion of forest conservation through the creation of buffer zones of tea along the gazetted forests to check against human encroachment.
The Corporation’s operations are spread over nineteen (19) zones and two factories across Kenya, in the East and West of Rift Valley. The Corporation’s major activities are in tea growing, tea factory operations and local sales distribution of value added teas.
The corporation seeks to recruit qualified and competent staff to fill the following position:
Managing and developing business, servicing and ensuring customer requirements are met.
- Achieve and exceed monthly and annual sales targets as agreed with supervisor.
- Promote, seek and secure sales orders for company products and participate in all sales and marketing events within the allocated territory.
- To keep distributors aligned to the agreed plans and ensure availability at all outlets within the allocated sales territory.
- Monitor sales of distributors, stockists and key accounts on a regular basis and report accordingly.
- Collect and account for all sales proceeds accordingly.
- Listing and ensuring company products achieve desired visibility at traditional retail and key accounts trade.
- Prepare and maintain a record on sales activities and other related market activities including those on competition and advice management accordingly.
- Train and supervise sales promoters carrying out special promotion events and ensure effective execution of their tasks.
- Carry out market intelligence to establish competition and presence of counterfeit or fake products.
- Participate in execution and implementation of trade and consumer activities as rolled out.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Must be a holder of a diploma in sales and marketing from a recognized Institution. A degree in the same field is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Must have a clean driving license and able to travel extensively.
- Should possess excellent sales and negotiation skills as well as ability to reach a consultative and solution-based sell.
- Should be passionate in meeting the customer satisfaction.
- Must have a minimum 2 years’ experience in sales, preferably in FMCG
All candidates must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity, and obtain the appropriate certification from the:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Higher Education Loan Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Interested qualified candidates should submit their applications enclosing a detailed Curriculum Vitae, day time telephone contacts, current gross salary, names and contacts of three referees, copies of relevant professional and academic certificates and testimonials.
Applicants should indicate the position applied for at the top of the envelop to be received before 26th February 2019 and addressed to the:
Nyayo Tea Zones Dev. Corp.
P.O Box 48552 – 00100
Nyayo Tea Zones Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.