Job Vacancy: Business Development Executive
Job Purpose: Responsible for positioning OTB Africa’s products as a solution provider, selling the products to new and existing customers, identifying and managing sales opportunities in accordance with the company’s standards, procedures and client satisfaction.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Give visibility to the organizations products and services in order to grow its client base and revenue growth objectives by marketing the brand and carrying out sales activities.
- Participate in the sales process by prospecting, following up on leads, sourcing, delivering presentations to prospective clients, converting new business opportunities, negotiating and closing business deals.
- Ensure you consistently meet your annual, quarterly and monthly sales targets.
- Promptly respond to customer inquiries, advice and provide accurate and timely information/products that offer solutions to their needs.
- Provide daily/weekly timely reports on business development activities such as sales projections, trends, timelines, pipeline and closed sales.
- Take personal initiative to know and understand OTB Africa’s products and services.
- Ensure you always have an adequate supply of the company’s sales packs especially for client visits.
- Check the accuracy and completeness of invoices before delivery to clients and follow up to ensure that products invoiced are paid on time.
- Provide customers with accurate quotations as per their product requests.
- Keep abreast of market trends, gather customer feedback & offer ideas on how to improve on sales.
- Conduct cold calling and telephone sales.
- Develop additional revenue opportunities through expansion of existing client relationships to establish and act on selling opportunities.
- Maintain and share up-to-date information with the Business Development Mgr on customer interactions.
- Act as a liaison between the organization and its customers, provide excellent customer service and effectively manage client relationships.
- Participate in networking events that generate new leads and drive business.
- Follow the Business Development and Marketing Standards, Procedures and Policies at all times.
- Work closely with other staff members to identify business opportunities.
- Any other duties assigned from time to time.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Minimum Diploma in Sales & Marketing or a related field.
- At least 2 years’ sales experience with proven ability to generate new business.
- Familiarity with OTB’s products, good knowledge in ICT and Open Source Software.
- Excellent presentation, communication and relationship building skills.
- Negotiation and influencing skills, persistent and able to handle and respond to objections.
- Good planning, time management, execution and follow-up skills.
- Customer service skills, highly motivated and able to handle high levels of pressure.
- Professional and presentable, performance and result oriented.
Gross Salary: Kshs. 62,000 – 77,000/=
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com by Friday, 22nd February 2019.