Parker Randall Eastern Africa is a member firm of Parker Randall International. We offer professional services in Audit, Tax and Advisory across Africa. The firm is
committed to deliver quality services through highly integrated global methodologies and adherence to professional standards.
The Eastern Africa Practice has its regional office in Nairobi, Kenya.
We seek to recruit for the position of an HR and Administration Manager, based at our Nairobi office.
Effectively manage the Human Resource and Administration function in the firm:
- In liaison with the Executives, develop a HR Strategy for the firm;
- Developing, reviewing and revising HR policies in compliance with changing or new legislation;
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling queries, interpreting and administering contracts, and providing pragmatic and consistent
guidance and advice to managers on performance and other human resource issues;
- Perform human resources management work relating to recruitment, hiring, orientation, compensation and benefits, performance management, capacity
building, and transitions (i.e., promotion, transfer or separation);
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation in coordination with the heads of department to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives;
- Arrange and monitor induction for all staff and ensure that meetings are arranged, objectives met and that feedback is obtained. Ensure that the induction pack is maintained and kept up to date;
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates,
disciplinary reports, Leaves forms etc.
- Payroll administration in liaison with the finance team on salaries for existing and prospective staff, ensuring consistency with approved budgets as well as
administration of benefits and other compensation packages;
- Oversee integrity of performance management process, including utilization of relevant forms, and ensure appraisals are conducted as per policy and completed in timely manner;
- Liaise with the Chief Executive Officer and other Directors on employee grievances, interpretation and compliance of labor laws, disputed vendor contracts, etc.
- Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations;
- Analyse reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and turnover and develop recommendations for improvement of organization’s personnel policies and practices;
- Support in management of the procurement process including prequalification of suppliers as per the procurement policy;
- Manage service delivery by third-party service providers including consultants and outsourced services by monitoring contracts and service level agreements, taking corrective action where necessary;
- Submit monthly reports to the Chief Executive Officer as per the approved reporting templates and framework.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or related social sciences;
- Master’s Degree would be an added advantage;
- Higher National Diploma in Human Resources Management;
- Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management of Kenya with a valid
- Practicing Certificate;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior HR role.
Skills and Competencies:
- Working knowledge of and experience in local labor and employment laws and legal resources;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong writing and presentation skills with ability to communicate well within and across diverse groups;
- Team player with good interpersonal skills;
- Strong business awareness and good analytical skills;
- Ability to make key decisions and solve problems;
- Excellent organization and time management skills;
- Integrity within a professional environment;
- Fluency in English.
- Working knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
Send application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6th March 2019.