Job Title: Port Clerk
Reference: PC 2019
Recruiter: Stratostaff East Africa
Location: Nairobi, Mombasa, Kenya
Profile Introduction: Our client, one of the world’s leading logistic providers is seeking to recruit Port Clerks.
Role Summary: To ensure all Imports documents under Local and transit haulage contracts are processed through customs, KPA and other regulatory bodies without delays and within the agreed time frame.
- At least a Diploma in any Business-related field from a recognized institution;
- Must be computer literate
- 2 years’ experience in Clerical work
- Ensuring timely submission and delivery of all required documents for shipment processing at the port.
- Verify all planned shipments with customs and other regulatory bodies.
- Lodging of all files at customs and respective Container Freight Stations.
- Processing of port charges and monitoring storage debits against our KPA accounts.
- Collection and effecting payments from and to the Banks.
- Payment of duty cheques at KRA appointed Banks as assigned.
- Following up on individual Customs verification officers to carry out and finalize verifications and obtain release on the same day.
- Moving of all respective documents (Release orders and Import Entries) to the relevant sections to effect loading and issuing of the gate passes.
- Guarding against pilferage of any opened containers during 100% verification by re-sealing and locking prior to exit from Port and CFS
Competencies and Job Requirements
- Computer Literacy – this position requires good knowledge in data entry and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge in ERP systems e. g Simba System, KEPHIS, will be an added advantage.
- Teamwork – Port clerks need to communicate and coordinate with one another Office staff to perform duties and tasks and ensure all processes are done correctly
- Math skills – Port clerks will use basic arithmetic in customs entries, airway bill preparation and valuation of consignments.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge send your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com by 15th February 2019.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.