Job Title: Protocol Specialist
- Responsible for government and international organizations liaison matters, attends all meetings assigned and manage email and other correspondence from government and international organizations.
- Foster and manage relations with Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Attend selected diplomatic and protocol meetings on behalf of the Regional Leader in the event of schedule conflicts and ensures prompt reporting of meeting results and ensures the regular meeting action items are documented and decisions communicated.
- Schedule, book appointments with and accompany the Regional Leader to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs meetings/government meetings as required and follow up on action points.
- Liaise with Embassies, UN Agencies, and International Organizations as directed by the Regional Leader.
- Maintain contacts and profiles of all government, embassies, consular services, AU, UN and various partners/stakeholders and share the information with Executive Officers and Kenya offices.
- Maintain updated contacts and profiles of all Cabinet Secretaries, Principal Secretaries and relevant government offices in liaison with Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Coordinate the hosting of VIP events and visitors
- Draft speeches when Regional Leader is invited as Chief Guests or Guests of Honor or hosting a government/diplomatic event.
- Provide support and advice to Regional Leader on drafting letters, writing talking points and speeches for government or Ministry of Foreign Affairs meetings.
- In collaboration with security & administration, develop, disseminate and monitor the implementation of protocol procedures for gate security personnel and front desk staff on handling of visiting VIPs
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Diplomacy, Political Science or Public Relations or related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a public relations/protocol role.
- Understanding of international and East Africa political environments.
- Knowledge on global policy priorities.
- Strategic thinker and detail oriented.
- Strong network and influencing skills.
- Experience in travel and/or client services
- Experience and liaison with Ministry of Foreign Affairs and other Government of Kenya departments and local authorities.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to apply various administrative rules and regulations in work situations.
- Ability to manage own workload to meet deadlines, take initiative, adapt and respond to challenges and set priorities.
- A strong and demonstrable understanding of the importance of client service
- A high level of management skills and ability to build productive working relationships.
- Have fluent command of English with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated sound judgment, strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and interest to work in an international context and cross-cultural environment
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, to email@example.com before end of day 15th February 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted