Job Advertisement: Studio Technician
The Department of Communication and Multimedia Journalism endeavors to train a great communicator with command over language and medium; whose cache is full of the soft skills of persuasion and negotiation; whose psychological makeup breaks down messages to the audiences level; and perspective and ideology is global so as to spur development.
To achieve its objectives the department is offering a chance to a talented individual to add value to the department in the role of a Studio Technician.
Job Profile: The Person will be responsible for Set up, operation and maintenance of equipment in the University Studio.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Setting up, testing and operating equipment to suit the acoustics of a location,
- Servicing, maintaining and repairing electronic equipment including cables, microphones, amplifiers and sound equipment,
- Maintaining studio inventory,
- Assisting in supervision of students’ practical sessions,
- Selecting, placing and adjusting microphones during events,
- Recording and balancing speech for radio/ audio plays or discussions,
- Monitoring the sound quality, levels and tone for broadcasts,
- Recording film soundtracks,
- Managing the borrowing of equipment by students and ensuring that they are in good working condition when returned,
- Manning the reception desk at the studio.
- Must at least have either of the following academic qualifications;
- Diploma in Media/Communications/ Sound engineering or Telecommunications engineering
- The person should have at least two-years working experience in a studio.
- The person should be proficient in Apple Computers:
- MacOS Mojave
- Final Cut Pro X
- Logic Pro X
- Adobe Audition
- Adobe Premier
Interested candidates who meet or exceed the above expectations are invited to apply for the above position by sending their CV, 3 referees’ contacts and cover letter indicating the expected gross salary, addressed to the Deputy Vice Chancellor by 8th February, 2019.
Applications should be forwarded to the Email; firstname.lastname@example.org
The Email title should indicate; Studio Technician Job Application.