We are fully on demand International Contact Center and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) Company, with a world-class facility within Nairobi, Kenya fully enabled to service the global market by deploying the best of breed technology to run its operations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Systems Administrator to join our team in at our headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya.
This is a full-time salaried role. Candidates MUST have 6 years of experience in Systems Administrator and Call Center Applications Deployments in a Windows and Linux environment.
You must be able to work independently and prioritize issues based on their criticality in a fast-paced environment.
Reports To: Director IT operations
Department: IT Operations
Summary: Plan, implement, oversee and maintain server and network infrastructures and projects.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, install and configure internal and customer facing servers, network devices and firewalls.
- Proactively manage and maintain server, network and firewall systems
- Administer and support core Microsoft, Cisco, Citrix and VMware technologies
- Develop and implement project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans
- Design and implement monitoring, configuration management and reporting functions that will make a hands-off environment
- Define and document best practices and support procedures
- Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well occasional weekend maintenance
- Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation
- Assist with hardware, firewall, telecom and software vendor evaluation, recommendation and negotiations
- Mentor / cross train team members on existing and new technologies
- Carry out special tasks at Management’s direction
- Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related area) preferred.
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or equivalent certification in relevant programs desired.
- Shall have detailed/advanced knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems Windows 2008(R2) and Windows Server 2003, 2012 (2016 is a+) environments.
- Shall have detailed knowledge and expert best practice of deploying, managing, and troubleshooting Windows Active Directory, Group Policy Object (GPOs), and Domain Name Service (DNS), Users & Computers, Site and Services, WSUS etc (MCSE/MCSA certification preferred).
- Experience as Linux Administrator or possess hands on experience with Linux (CentOS, REDHAT, UNIX) is an added advantage.
- Experience in Managing deployments/rollouts of enterprise applications
- Experience Managing a large Windows Server infrastructure and can do complete routine maintenance, OS hardening, OS patching, auditing, security compliance amongst others.
- Shall have knowledge and familiarity with server performance tuning and monitoring tools. You enjoy diagnosing and solving problems related to the operating system, hardware, network, and related software or applications.
- Managing server virtualization technologies like VMWare Server/ESX or Microsoft HyperV/Virtual Server
- You can actively run and maintain performance including software upgrades, patch installs, system tests, and other scheduled operations.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate or Professional -CCNA/ CCNP MCITP Server
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues including back bone infrastructure issues
- LAN Routing and Switching design, configuration and troubleshooting (VLANs, IP Subnetting, 802.1Q trunks)
- Shall have knowledge and familiarity with storage technologies such as Storage Area Network (SAN) or Network Attached Storage (NAS).
- Deploy and configure McAfee EPO Anti-Virus Deployment and Administration and Infrastructure Monitoring: SolarWinds, SCOM
- Reviewing system logs files for errors, settings up CRON jobs for back-ups and monitoring process.
- Leading all sys-admin functions of the servers, performing patch and software distributions, run security configuration of the systems, provide reports for management use, and demonstrate system health and compliance based on pre-defined standards.
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Must be organized and can manage projects of varying length
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently
- Must be a team player
How to Apply
If you believe this is an exciting and challenging opportunity for you; then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Attractive remuneration is offered for the above position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date is Friday 14th February, 2019