SMEP Microfinance Bank Limited is a dynamic Christian based bank regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya, whose Mission is “To empower our customers through provision of market driven financial solutions”, with over 40 outlets across the country.
We are inviting applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates who are passionate about transforming lives in the society, to fill the following position:
Assistant Risk & Compliance Manager
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, Risk & Compliance, and the job holder will be responsible for championing the execution of the Bank’s enterprise risk management and compliance framework and providing timely and accurate reports to the various stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulating and implementation of the Risk and Compliance framework and Policies.
- Monitoring and tracking of Banks’ compliance to regulatory guidelines statutory requirements and internal processes and procedures.
- Identification and assessment of the compliance risks associated with the bank’s current and proposed future business activities, including new products, new business relationships and processes
- Continuous monitoring of compliance with internal policies, procedures and guidelines by through regular and comprehensive Risk and Control assessment and testing
- Providing assurance of the bank’s readiness in case of business interruption/disruption through regular reviews of the unit BCP plans.
- Responsible for monitoring compliance and reporting for Anti Money Laundering and Counter Financing of Terrorism
- Providing regular training of staff to build on risk management and compliance awareness
- Reviewing and providing advise on corporate governance management
- Regular reviewing of transactions to ensure that high risk transactions are identified and appropriately approved.
- Bachelors’ degree in Accountancy, Finance or Business Administration.
- Must have acquired professional certification in Accountancy or Auditing
- Post graduate degree will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office suite and previous experience with T24 Banking system will be an added advantage.
Key Qualities, Competencies & Experiences
- At least 6 years experience in a Compliance, Risk or Internal Audit Department in a reputable financial institution
- Keen to detail and sharp analytical skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- An excellent and proactive planner with great organization skills
- Flexible and willing to travel across the country at short notice
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Between 33 and 40 years of age
- Applicants must be committed to Christian values, with a passion to serve
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates who meet the criteria should CLICK HERE to download the “Job Application Form” and send their filled applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is Monday 18th February, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.