SMEP Microfinance Bank Limited is a dynamic Christian based bank regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya, whose Mission is “To empower our customers through provision of market driven financial solutions”, with over 40 outlets across the country.
We are inviting applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates who are passionate about transforming lives in the society, to fill the following position:
Head of Internal Audit, Risk & Compliance
Reporting to the Board and the Chief Executive Officer, the role will oversee and review the Banks’ internal control systems, evaluate the level of compliance with set Policies & Procedures, statutory and sector regulations.
The role holder will also be responsible for the Banks’ overall enterprise risk management and compliance framework.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Formulating and implementation of the Risk & Compliance framework & policies.
- Identify and assess potential risks to the institution’s operations and activities.
- Review the adequacy of internal controls established to ensure compliance with policies, plans, procedures, business objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare and implement Internal Audit Plans and programmes
- Champion Information Systems Audit as well as communication, operating procedures, back up and disaster recovery
- Safeguarding of Bank assets and ensuring that the liabilities and expenditure are controlled.
- Contribute to the development of projects, selected according to the risk involved and benefits; by confirming that the company’s methodology is followed and that, in particular, adequate controls are incorporated.
- Follow up internal and external audit recommendations to make sure that effective remedial action is taken.
- Continuous monitoring of compliance with internal policies, procedures and guidelines by thorough regular and comprehensive Risk and Control Assessment and testing.
- Carry out ad hoc investigations and reviews based on audit findings or as requested by the Board and Management.
- Review the application and effectiveness of risk management procedures and risk assessment methodologies.
- Check the accuracy and reliability of the information reported to the Management and the Board.
- Review and oversee implementation of sound financial internal controls systems.
- Support the Finance Department in preparation of monthly and annual audits and finance reports.
- Keep track of new trends in the industry and advise management accordingly.
- Participate in corporate governance processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business related field from a recognized university and a Masters Degree.
- Must be CPA (K) or ACCA finalist
- Must be CISA finalist
- Must be member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK), Information System Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
Key Qualities, Competencies & Experience
- At least eight (8) years experience in Internal Audit, Risk & Compliance; three (3) years of which must have been in a Management position, in a reputable organization
- Have previous experience in conducting system audits in a highly digitized environment
- Previous experience with T24 Banking system will be an added advantage
- Experience in the financial services sector will be an added advantage
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- In-depth experience in data mining and analysis
- Excellent at Delivering and owning results
- Good communication skills
- Superior ICT skills
- Strong interpersonal, negotiating and problem solving skills, and customer service orientation
- Leadership and people development skills
- Between the age of 35 to 45 years
- Applicants must be committed to Christian values with a passion to serve
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates who meet the criteria should CLICK HERE to download the “Job Application Form” and send their filled applications to email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is Monday 18th February, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.