Exciting Career Opportunity in Software Development
Our client is a leader in payments and software Development and aims to assist companies and organizations by developing cost effective customized applications to enable them streamline their daily operations in payments hardware, software, and services.
Their software development house is run by local professionals with a wide skill set. This provides them with an unrivalled innovation platform that gives their customers and clients a vital edge in today’s highly competitive environments.
As such, they are looking for a project assistant to oversee the various software development projects.
Role Overview: The role holder will primarily be in charge of software development projects. They will oversee the projects from requirement gathering, production till implementation. The role shall support an array of professionals involved in the project and ensure that all aspect of project are catered for.
Key Role Accountabilities
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties to ensure flawless implementation of projects;
- Assist in defining project scope and objectives involving all stakeholders to ebsure technical feasibility;
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget;
- Preparing a detailed Business case, Business requirements document, project initiation document and a Project plan;
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using verification tools;
- Implement projects in accordance with established standards and tools like MS Project/Daptive/primavera
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools, approaches and techniques;
- Making presentations to the project board & stakeholders with regard to highlights on project progress and status;
- Coordinating with the testing team to ensure a high level user acceptance of testing of the project;
- Develop comprehensive project plans and to be shared with relevant stakeholders;
- Track project performance to analyse successful completion of project goals;
- Managing multiple concurrent projects within time, cost and scope in line with project management best practices;
- Documenting risks and issues as well as managing them and ensuring a realistic budget is allocated;
- Coordinating on the training required to the relevant stakeholders and the Business users
- Knowledge management by ensuring excellent record keeping and documentation of project and lessons learnt.
- Ensuring project closure is done and documented plus change overs of systems are seamless
Skills and Competencies Set
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Good decision making and problem solving skills;
- Knowledge of project management approaches;
- Proficient in a range of IT applications;
- Flexibility adaptability to fit in different settings;
- Attention to detail with an ability to work autonomously and with appropriate reference to more senior colleagues;
- Experience of working in a pressured environment and effectively managing competing demands in short timescales;
- Experience of working as part of a team delivering complex tasks.
Qualifications and Experience
- Holder of a Degree in computer Engineering/software development or degree in a related field;
- A post graduate qualification in project management/M&E or relevant field will be an added advantage;
- At least 2 years experience as a project assistant in a IT/software development experience;
- Proficiency in MS office suite
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful career move in the Project Management field, please forward your CV in confidence via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly indicate your current and expected salary in your application or CV.
Do not attach certificates and testimonials.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 5th February 2019.