These jobs are only open to Kenyan Citizens
Swissport is an international organisation that provides ground handling services for some 265 million passengers and 4.7 million tonnes of air cargo annually on behalf of some 850 client-companies in the aviation sector.
Swissport is active at 315 airports in 50 countries on 5 continents. Swissport Kenya Limited is recruiting for the following position based at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
Do you believe you have what it takes to service, execute repairs and maintain in good order all Ground Support Equipment (GSE) at Swissport? Applications are invited from candidates to fill the above position in the Maintenance Department.
The successful candidate is responsible for ensuring that maintenance and service repairs are upheld without compromising on quality, safety and service delivery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and drive all types of equipment – motorized and non-motorized.
- Perform and show competence in preventive maintenance as per established schedules on all ground support equipment.
- Respond to requests for on-call maintenance after hours on all ground support equipment as GSE Manager deems necessary.
- Provide trouble-shooting and diagnostic assessment of ground support equipment as required.
- Modify and overhaul power plant, drive-train, brake, electric and hydraulic systems.
- Prepare and paint ground support equipment to the acceptable standards as required.
- Remove malfunctioning ground support equipment from service and ensure GSE is not returned to service until malfunction has been properly diagnosed and repaired.
- Respond to emergency service calls as well as accidents involving ground support equipment.
- Pick-up parts and material required for ground support equipment maintenance and repair.
- Own and demonstrate proper use of tools, diagnostic equipment, etc. required for equipment maintenance and repair.
- Complete all maintenance/repair documentation consistent with carrier, station, airport authority, and Swissport requirements.
- Comply with all Swissport, airport authority and carrier security requirements.
- Will retain a motor vehicle driver’s license for air side / non airside in good standing at all times.
- Follow all safety guidelines set out by Swissport.
- Keep GSE shop and its equipment clean and serviceable at all times, and report any and all deficiencies to management.
- Fuel equipment as necessary with full regard for all safety and environmental requirements.
- Will liaise with Ramp management, customers and staff in a professional manner when needed.
- Certificate/Diploma in auto-electrical engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Prior experience as a heavy mobile equipment/Automobile electrician is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in an ERP environment is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Ms Suite i.e. Ms Excel, Ms Word, Ms Outlook
- Safety-oriented with ability to identify and report hazards.
- Valid driving licence class BCDE
How to Apply
Application letter and CV for the above position should be forwarded via email with the subject line: Application for Auto Body Technician to: NBO.Recruitment@swissport.com
The Human Resource Manager
Swissport Kenya Limited
P.O. Box 19177, 00501 Nairobi.
Swissport Kenya Limited does not use agents or require any form of payment in the recruitment process.
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. If you do not hear from us, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Be part of the team that brings Swiss time to African soil!
Closing Date: February 22, 2019