Unit: Tamarind Mombasa
Starting date: Immediate.
Who are we?
Founded in Mombasa in 1972, The Tamarind Group owns and operates some of the most successful restaurants and leisure operations in Africa.
The group focuses on its original mission of continually improving the quality and value of its services, developing an excellent morale among its employees and maintaining a superior level of social and environmental awareness.
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role based in Mombasa
- Requisitions the required bar stock every day and replenishes as per the par levels
- Checks the cleanliness and condition of the bar furniture, glass- ware, equipment and accessories and report any defects to the Head Barman for appropriate action.
- Creates weekly cocktail specials
- Responsible for the coffee station
- Responsible for training other barmen and waiters on the cocktails
- Remains up to date with current trends in the mixology industry
- Interacts with guests and tailor makes cocktails for them
- Checks the general condition of the bar, wall, lighting etc. and reports defects to the Head Barman.
- Participates in regular physical bar stock-taking.
- Participates in monthly operating equipment stock-taking and reports to the Head Barman missing items for appropriate action.
- Ensures that the guests receive good quality and correct quantity of drinks.
- Is financially responsible for the bar float jointly with the Head Barman.
Who Are You?
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Education Background in hospitality or related field
- At least 2 years of experience in specialty bar operations and beverage production
- Experience in making different bar cocktails and excellent wine and liquor knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Polite and confident with a great deal of patience
- Ability in multitasking and time-management
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements?
Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to email@example.com
Due to the urgency to fill the position, shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.