Our client, a leading timber company that manufacturing and installing products such as joinery, parquet flooring, machined timber and others is seeking to recruit a Cost Accountant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing inventory checks and maintaining accurate accounts for Raw Materials, Work In Progress , Finished Goods and calculating landed cost for imported materials
- Establishing and updating standard costs of manufactured and purchased items,
- Ensuring minimal variance between actual and standard costs,
- Evaluate input costs, work in progress costs and sales costs
- Ensuring filing is done in a timely and accurate manner,
- Work on accounts receivables and payables,
- Computing taxes owed, preparing tax returns, and ensure prompt payment and compliance with taxation legislation,
- Inspecting and updating accounting books and accounting systems,
- Organizing and maintaining financial records,
- Verifying items billed against items ordered and received and reconciling differences through follow-up with the vendor,
- Analyzing and investigating annual and monthly financial accounts;
- Entering and updating accounting data in automated systems, posting financial data to appropriate accounts in an automated accounting system,
- Controlling income and expenditure,
- Preparing reports, budgets, business plans, and financial statements and bank reconciliation of all bank accounts.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Commerce/Accounting or related.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA K)
- 4-5 years’ experience in Cost Accounting.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online on or before 28th February 2019.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement