Our client, a leading timber company that manufacturing and installing products such as joinery, parquet flooring, machined timber and others is seeking to recruit a Stores Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of all activities in the purchasing process such as sourcing, procurement, receiving, with all logistics and management activities
- Sourcing and purchasing of supplies locally and internationally as requested by the respective departments
- Raising LPOs, receiving quotations and also responsible for all deliveries.
- Planning, implementing and controlling the efficient and effective forward and reverse flow of storage of goods between the point of origin and point of consumption to reduce the possibility of fraud attempts.
- Co-ordination and collaborating with suppliers, user departments, intermediaries, service providers, customers, etc.
- Negotiating favorable credit terms with suppliers
- Ensuring proper receiving of goods and that proper food handling procedures are followed.
- Providing effective leadership and training to ensure the department has qualified, disciplined and motivated staff
- Regularly carry out physical stock taking and on daily basis check the whole stock and ensure it tallies with the stock cards and computer stock
- Ensuring proper contracts are in place with suppliers as necessary
- Ensure weekly and monthly meetings are held with HOD’S & Management staff to discuss expenses and trends
- Ensure all documentation handled by store are posted and updated according to procedures
- Practices the company values and Guarantees the same is respected and followed by the department team members
- Ensure the respect of budget/ forecast and take corrective measures when necessary
- Responsible for maintenance of stores equipment, providing both preventive maintenance programs and all necessary repairs.
- Ensures that the stores personnel have safe, efficient equipment in order to perform the distribution functions
- Responsible for stores safety programs in order to provide a safe and clean workplace for employees and within the regulations of all OSHA local and state regulations.
- Be a safety ambassador and ensure employees work safely and always be on the lookout for any unsafe acts or behavior
- Promotes and practices communication and participatory management within the team.
- Generates Stores productivity reports, in regard to selection rates, receiving rates, and accounts for all labor hours, both direct and indirect.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing and Supplies or any other relevant discipline from a recognized institution
- Must have at least 3 years proven experience as Store’s Manager or equivalent in a busy warehouse/stores handling over 2,000 items and operational aspects of Procurement in a busy environment
- Accounting experience in stock management/control
- Good and experienced in Stores organization, planning and logistics,
- Working knowledge of MS Office (good in excel – Analysis and reports) and databases, ERP
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online on or before 28th February 2019.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement