University of Nairobi Enterprises and Services (UNES) Ltd
Contract Duration: Three Years Subject to 3 months’ probationary period
Reporting to the Food and Beverage Supervisor, the incumbent shall be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Provide assistance to the Food & Beverage (F&B) Management in all Menu preparations, Kitchen rules, service standards, cleanliness and inventory control for F&B.
- Ensure high standards of hygiene and safety are maintained in the restaurant
- Implementation of quality management systems procedures and file all records and documents.
- High quality food production that meet stringent standards and consistently maintained
- To ensure that high standards of hygiene and safety are maintained
- To ensure that stocks used for production are accurately accounted for.
- Work closely with the Supervisors to plan menus that would attract and retain customers
- To ensure efficient service delivery is maintained in the kitchen
- To ensure food variety is provided and it meets every customer’s expectation and specification.
- To ensure that kitchen equipment and crockery is properly maintained.
- Supervise, set targets and appraise all kitchen staff
- To develop and demonstrate proper use of standard recipes
- Analyzing cost margins and control costs of production
- Identify training needs of cooks and other kitchen staff
- Ensure world – class customer service is provided
- Any other duty assigned by the Supervisor
- Diploma in Food Production or equivalent from a recognized institution
- Minimum three (3) years’ work experience as a Head Cook/Chef in a busy 3 to 4-star restaurant
- Ability to guide and supervise staff
- Must be conversant with food and beverage cost control and accountability
- Other certificates relevant to the job i.e. kitchen supervision will be an added advantage Computer literate
- Minimum C plain in KCSE
- Innovative and quality conscious
- Good food presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure& long hours
Applicants interested in the above position should submit the following:
- Cover letter detailing why you want to be considered for the position, as well as current and expected gross salary.
- Detailed CV including at minimum:
- Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
- Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
- Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
- Names of 3 referees with their contacts.
- Copies of ALL academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
- Completed Personal Data Form (Download HERE) fully filled and signed
- Indicate the Job Reference Number and Title in your email
All applications to reach the undersigned on or before February 22, 2019 strictly via the following email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hard Copies will not be accepted.
Chief Manager, Finance & Administration
Shortlisted Candidates shall be required to comply with chapter six of the constitution of Kenya requirements by submitting the following documents.
- Certificate of Good Conduct/ Police Clearance Certificate
- CRB Clearance Certificate
- HELB Clearance/Compliance Certificate
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission Certificate
- Kenya Revenue Authority Clearance Certificate
N/B: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
UNES does not require any payment in order to process your applications.
UNES is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply