University of Nairobi Enterprises and Services (UNES) Ltd
Contract Duration: Three Years Subject to 3 months’ probationary period
Reporting to the Manager, Strategy Delivery & Coordination, the incumbent shall be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that legal risks are identified, and appropriate courses of action are taken.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management, especially on contract management
- Review and advise Management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies ensuring that they are in compliance with all regulatory, statutory and legal requirements
- Review progress of outstanding litigations and advise management accordingly.
- Representation and Management of cases in tribunals and courts in Liaison with the Company Secretary, UoN Legal Office and External Lawyers appointed by UNES
- Formulate compliance check-lists to be used for the purpose of ensuring that all information required is provided accordingly.
- Continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations and advise management accordingly.
- Preparation of updates to Management in relation to amendments to statutes and legislation.
- Review all contracts or any other documentation where the Company has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the management’s attention.
- Prepare, review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities.
- Review and provide legal advice on tender documents.
- LLB degree from a recognized University and practice Certification
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Must have at least three (3) years’ experience in a busy legal department preferably in a commercial entity
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills necessary for interaction with stakeholders
- Knowledge of dealing with the Government and/or Commercial Contract Administration; particularly Contract Negotiation, Preparation and Administration
- Ability to provide independent advice to senior level management on technical matters
- In depth knowledge of Regulatory Law
- Good planning and organization skills
Applicants interested in the above position should submit the following:
- Cover letter detailing why you want to be considered for the position, as well as current and expected gross salary.
- Detailed CV including at minimum:
- Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
- Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
- Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
- Names of 3 referees with their contacts.
- Copies of ALL academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
- Completed Personal Data Form (Download HERE) fully filled and signed
- Indicate the Job Reference Number and Title in your email
All applications to reach the undersigned on or before February 22, 2019 strictly via the following email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hard Copies will not be accepted.
Chief Manager, Finance & Administration
Shortlisted Candidates shall be required to comply with chapter six of the constitution of Kenya requirements by submitting the following documents.
- Certificate of Good Conduct/ Police Clearance Certificate
- CRB Clearance Certificate
- HELB Clearance/Compliance Certificate
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission Certificate
- Kenya Revenue Authority Clearance Certificate
N/B: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
UNES does not require any payment in order to process your applications.
UNES is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply