University of Nairobi Enterprises and Services (UNES) Ltd
Ref: UNES /F&AD /SA /02 / 2019
Contract Duration: Three Years Subject to 3 months’ probationary period
Reporting to the Chief Manager Finance and Administration, the incumbent shall be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Preparation of timely Management Accounts and Annual Financial Statements
- Ensuring the Bank reconciliations and update of Ledger Accounts is done
- Management of staff payroll and all other payments
- Ensuring full compliance with Statutory and Regulatory Payments, Returns and any other requirements
- Providing monthly and weekly Reports and Analysis for the expenditure, payroll and revenue sections
- Ensuring monthly ledger reconciliations are done
- Responsible for budget preparation and budgetary control
- Responsible for putting in place proper internal controls and procedures within the department.
- Ensuring revenue is collected and accounted for
- Ensuring maintenance of the fixed assets register and marking of assets
- Handling of insurance matters
- Addressing internal and external audits
- Supervise, coach, set targets and appraise staff
- Performing any other duties assigned by CM-F&A
- Possess a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting Option) Degree or equivalent.
- At least 6 years relevant experience 3 of which must be at Accountant level.
- Possess CPA (K) or equivalent and be registered member of ICPAK
- Good working knowledge of Kenyan tax laws.
- Possess relevant computer and analytical skills
- Good communication skills and interpersonal relations
- KCSE C Plain
Applicants interested in the above position should submit the following:
- Cover letter detailing why you want to be considered for the position, as well as current and expected gross salary.
- Detailed CV including at minimum:
- Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
- Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
- Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
- Names of 3 referees with their contacts.
- Copies of ALL academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
- Completed Personal Data Form (Download HERE) fully filled and signed
- Indicate the Job Reference Number and Title in your email
All applications to reach the undersigned on or before February 22, 2019 strictly via the following email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hard Copies will not be accepted.
Chief Manager, Finance & Administration
Shortlisted Candidates shall be required to comply with chapter six of the constitution of Kenya requirements by submitting the following documents.
- Certificate of Good Conduct/ Police Clearance Certificate
- CRB Clearance Certificate
- HELB Clearance/Compliance Certificate
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission Certificate
- Kenya Revenue Authority Clearance Certificate
N/B: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
UNES does not require any payment in order to process your applications.
UNES is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply