Assistant Data Analyst
Vivo Activewear prides in inspiring women to look and feel great. It is a place to explore potential, eliminate boundaries and push out the edges of what we can be. The company seeks to nature talent, grow and bring dreams to fruition. Our culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding performance. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries to bring skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving Fashion Industry.
About the Position
Reporting to the Senior Data Analyst, you will join a small, growing team who are responsible for our internal analysis and reporting to improve our decision-making. You should have a passion for analyzing data, have experience of dealing with large datasets and high volumes of data, as well as experience using multiple systems to retrieve data and produce reports.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Interpret company-wide data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports and dashboards
- Leverage data to identify, quantify and influence tangible business gain
- Transform large, complex datasets into pragmatic, actionable insights
- Applying VBA macros to automate repetitive tasks e.g. inventory replenishment
- Gather and process raw, unstructured data at scale into a form suitable for analysis then consolidate into the data warehouse in order to perform Business Intelligence and advanced analytics
- Logistics analysis
- Calculate sell through rates for items to aid in the reorder/replenishment process
- Collate daily feedback from the stores to inform the replenishment process
- Dashboarding for Vivo’s e-commerce platform
- Design dashboards for the sales team and other departments
- Track items moving from production stage and providing analysis that inform the warehouse strategy
- Daily inventory optimization tracking
- Systems analysis
- Design and improve standard operating procedures
- Strong analytical skills with ability to collect, analyze, model and interpret data
- Problem-solving skills
- The ability to plan work and meet deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Team working skills
- A methodical and logical approach
- Interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to compile reports and present findings.
- Degree in applied/pure mathematics, statistics, Information Management or any other quantitative discipline.
- 1 -2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excel VBA programming skills, Python or R
- Training in advanced excel, access and added advantage.
How to Apply
Please indicate your salary expectation on the subject line. Applications that do not include the salary expectation will NOT be considered.
If you believe you are the right person for the position and would like to be a part of our Team, kindly send a detailed CV and cover letter to email@example.com by March 15, 2019.
The subject of your email should be “Assistant Data Analyst – (Expected Salary)”
We would love to respond to all your applications but due to a large number of applications received for advertised positions, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.