Job Title: Workshop Manager – Manufacturing
Overall Purpose: This position is a leadership role that require successful candidate to manage and lead a team of people in allocating workload and managing the day to day operations in the workshop. It requires the job holder to co-ordinate resources and liaise with internal and external key contacts to ensure work is delivered on time and to a quality standard.
Reports to: Technical Director (TD)
- Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labour allocation for day to day operations.
- Ensure all vehicles and Machinery are up and running according to work schedules daily. Special emphasis must be given to Farm tractors to achieve an uptime of 95%
- Assist with quoting, project management, materials purchasing and quality checks.
- Ensure correct job numbers are used and that time records are correct.
- Provide oversight and check job estimates.
- Manage inward goods, checking quantities, dispatching goods and receipting invoices
- Regularly report progress on each job and quickly communicate delays or concerns with the Director – Technical. Report on manpower overruns or shortfalls.
- Work with the Technical Director to respond to Staff requests for updates on the status of their jobs and keep the communication channels open to ensure information is accurate.
- Identify monthly/weekly Staff needs and explain/demonstrate commitment to service delivery and prompt feedback on assignment status.
- Receive and review feedback from customers and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Work with the TD and Transport Committee Chair to Track vehicles on the road, investigate customer complaints and concerns arising from vehicle maintenance/Equipment and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Develop and implement systems to record, file and store information pertaining to client enquiries.
- Identify staff that require on-going training and implement training opportunities to ensure their skills are improved. Work with apprentices and semi-skilled staff to role model appropriate technical skills.
- Provide weekly feedbacks to staff that are not performing to the expected level and ensure human resources are informed of trends in performance.
- Promote a Health and Safety culture within the business.
Skills and Experience:
- High level people management skills
- Budget Control and implementation
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with people at various levels from shop floor to senior management
- Ability to look beyond the initial customer enquiry and identify other business
- Project management experience
- Good Communication skills
- Must be conversant with ISO 9000 Standard Operating procedures
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Quality and productivity focused
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Workshop Manager-Manufacturing on the Subject line.
Candidates should indicate their Current & Expected salaries