CORAT Africa seeks to recruit an Accountant on behalf of the Daughters of Charity in Kenya, an International Community of Apostolic Life within the Catholic Church.
The accountant will be based at their offices in Karen, Nairobi.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Prepare bank and cash payment vouchers and ensure that all payments are properly and accurately supported.
- Maintaining a computerized accounting system.
- Maintain proper accounting records and documentations.
- Ensure that the bank, petty cash and control accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all Funds received on behalf of projects/communities are transferred out on a timely basis.
- Receipt all income received and prepare Funds acknowledgment forms on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that all regulatory and other returns are prepared and submitted on time.
- Maintaining the Fixed Asset Register.
- Payroll administration.
- Secretary to the Finance Management Committee.
- Perform any other lawful tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
Required Competencies / Technical Skills
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of working within an accounts office in FBOs/NGOs Sector.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including excellent MS Word and Excel skills.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong attention to details and good analytical skills.
- B.Com/BA in Accounting, Finance or Business related degree and CPA/ACCA finalist.
How to Apply
For more information visit www.coratafrica.com.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their application letters and CV with contact addresses, email and telephones of three professional referees.
Please indicate your current and expected salary and also your current employer to the address here below.
Submit your application not later than 4th April 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
P.O Box 42493 – 00100