Our client is the leading FMCG manufacturer in Kenya.
They seek to recruit a competent and experienced person in the role of Assistant Procurement Manager.
Salary: Ksh 100,000 – 180,000
Main Purpose of Job: Responsible for delivery of Procurement Key Performance Indicators’ such as Value Improvement Programs, Innovation Delivery, Payment Terms Extension, Cost Target, Gross Margin Improvement in line with sourcing strategies, and compliance management
- Responsible for delivery of Procurement Key Performance Indicators’ such as Value Improvement Programs, Innovation Delivery, Payment Terms Extension, Cost Target, Gross Margin Improvement in line with sourcing strategies, and compliance management.
- Supply Market Intelligence and Analysis – Collecting Relevant Information; Analysing Supply and Demand Market Behaviour and Understanding Key Cost Drivers and Price Trends
- Support the Head of Procurement on Strategy Development and Implementation, Formulating and Implementing the Sourcing Strategy, Communicating Supply Management Strategies and support Partner to win related activities
- Managing Alliances and Relationships (e.g. managing the Ongoing Relationship to Deliver Value to the Business)
- To be custodian of the team project databases
- Lead / support negotiations with suppliers and help create the negotiation papers
- Support the financial analysis of the portfolio, including material and price benchmarking and total cost analysis
- Create and support in development of contracts post completion of negotiation
- Continuously support to improve ways of working and help drive digital transformation projects within the team
- Track key savings initiatives
- Build and manage relationships with suppliers & internal customers/stakeholders
- Support complexity reduction programs
- Support Head of Procurement on presentations and updates for internal and external audience
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Self-Management (priority setting, risk analysis, resources)
- Take ownership and responsibility; have energy and drive
- Be result and solution oriented; be able to solve (unexpected) problems (in short notice)
- Networking and relationship management
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Drive for team alignment; be able to work in networks; be able to work independently
- Ability to work in virtual teams
- Excellent analytical and IT skills
- Negotiation skills
- Project management skills
- Good understanding of business economics
- Partnering with Suppliers to Win
- Driving sustainability through Procurement
- Basic understanding of International Trade – Duties, Taxes, and barriers
- Strong Purpose
- Growth Mindset (have business, organisational and cultural awareness)
- Accountability and Responsibility
- Business Acumen
- Bias for Action
- Team Alignment
Academic and/or Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management
- Membership to Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM).
- 5 years’ experience in supply chain and or Procurement experience
- Experience using SAP system
How to Apply:
Qualified and interested candidates are requested to send their applications to email@example.com quoting “ASSISTANT PROCUREMENT MANAGER” on the email header.
Applications closes on 15th April, 2019.
This is a highly competitive position and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.