Our client a fast growing bakery in coast region is looking for a qualified individual to fill the position of Bakery Foreman who will be reporting to the Production Manager.
The bakery is very busy as it operates 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
The person we are looking for must be a results oriented individual ready to demonstrate his goals, planning and expected results.
Main responsibilities among many others
- In partnership with the production manager plan daily production and see to it that the plan is successfully executed.
- Oversee the work of the shift supervisors and guide (not micromanage) them appropriately in their work.
- Oversee the training and orientation of new staff and interns for them to blend well with the bakery operations.
- Identify talent amongst the bakery staff and assist in in house recruitment.
- Troubleshoot product defects and reduce defects with time to a minimum of 1%
- Develop a checklist of food quality and safety practices that need to be implemented or improved and ensure that these are enforced.
- In liaison with the stock controller verify daily and monthly stocks of raw materials and finished products.
- Degree/diploma in food technology or baking technology
- At least 3 years’ experience in the baking industry in a bakery producing at least 500 loaves/hour
- Proven record in training food handlers/bakery staff/baking students
- Has supervised or managed at least 60 shop floor staff in a food production setting
- Creativity in troubleshooting product defects and developing new products
- Skilled organizer and excellent planner
- Experience in handling material movement from raw materials, in process products to finished products
- Ability in identifying talent and building effective production teams
- Ability to manage both processes and personnel
If you feel you are the right candidate for the above position please send your detailed CV only clearly demonstrating your qualifications and how you meet the desired attributes.
A competitive salary will be offered for this position, therefore send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15th March 2019.