Bayer East Africa Ltd, a subsidiary of Bayer AG, ¡s one of the leading pharmaceutical companies worldwide with research and business activities focusing on OTC medicines and nutritional supplements, as well as prescription medicines for General Medicine, Specialty Medicine and Women’s Healthcare.
To maximise our commitment to sustainable medical health development, provide innovative products, medical solutions and we seek to recruit a qualified and result oriented individual to fill the following position:
Head of Sales and Distribution – Consumer Health Anglo Middle Africa Markets
Ref No. 2019/HR/PH-0012
The position holder will be responsible for delivering in-market results and growth for categories and brands in KENYA, GHANA, ETHIOPIA, TANZANIA and UGANDA, by driving demand generation through effective sales strategies, managing effective 3rd party relationships and execution of trade and shopper marketing activities.
Major Tasks and responsibilities
- Drive in market execution to achieve defined in market and net sales target KPIs
- Develop business priorities to achieve country sales volume and operational cost targets in alignment with Lead country
- Proactively propose and execute necessary actions to protect business interests, specifically continually develop the most effective business model in each country.
- Manage customer relationships, specifically local distributors, and develop and grow existing and new customer base
- Execute key trade marketing campaigns and other operational marketing initiatives
- Develop the strategic sales plan, broken down into Territory / Channel strategies and cycle or customer plans
- Support the development of the marketing/portfolio strategy
- Lead, coach and develop sales team
- Lead Sales and Operations planning cycles and partner with Product Supply to manage Forecast, Inventory and Service levels to distributors.
- Ensure application of customer excellence frameworks and guidelines in sales force
Qualification / Experience
- University degree or above, major in business/marketing, medical, pharmacy is preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience in healthcare or consumer goods marketing and/or sales
- Proven success in developing and executing commercial and brand plans which drive business growth
- Proven expertise in building and maintaining strong relationships with distributors/3rd parties to drive joint business success
- Proven ability to lead a (sales) team to execute meaningful trade and sales activities
- Financial acumen in planning, forecasting and reporting on relevant financial KPIs
- High degree of self-motivation, ability to work independently
- Highly self-organized
- Strategic mindset, business insight, customer focus, collaborates, drives results, builds effective teams
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please send your application letter, a detailed CV not later than 30th March, 2019 to: E-mail: email@example.com
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.