Danish Refugee Council | Danish Demining Group
Job Title: DDG Regional Coordinator – Security Governance
Danish Demining Group (DDG) is a specialized unit within DRC which implements mine action and armed violence reduction (AVR) programmes in fragile states throughout the developing world.
The East Africa and Great Lakes region consists of programmes in nine countries (Somalia, Kenya, Ethiopia, Djibouti, South Sudan, Uganda, Tanzania, DR, Congo and Burundi). This is a multi-country position with a direct reporting line to the DDG Regional Head of Programme, EAGL.
The RSGC will be responsible for working with DDG Programme Managers and other country and regional staff to develop relevant and effective programming in the areas of stability, fragility and resilience, and to ensure quality programming delivery.
- He/she should have At least 5 years programming experience in the areas of security governance, conflict management, social cohesion, peace-building, and stabilization.
- He/she should have a University Degree, preferably Master’s, in Conflict/Security issues, International Development, International Relations or other relevant subject.
- He/she should have a Minimum of 7 years’ working experience at an international level with humanitarian international NGOs or other operational agencies.
- He/she should have a Minimum of 7 years’ field experience in conflict affected areas; experience in east Africa and Great Lakes an advantage.
- He/she should have a Strong contextual understanding of the East Africa and Great Lakes region.
- He/she should have At least five years’ prior experience in staff mentoring, coaching and/or training.
- He / she should have Proven experience in project management, including planning and project development, budget management, reporting, staff management and monitoring and evaluation.
- He / She should be fluent in English and good French language skills.
- He/she should possess a High degree of computer literacy.
Qualified Candidates are encouraged to access full job description on this link https://drc.ngo/about-drc/vacancies under vacancies.
Please submit applications online using this link by 1st April, 2019.