Job Title: Customer Support Assistant
About Echo Mobile: Echo Mobile provides technology and services that help organizations in Africa engage, influence, and understand their target audiences.
Echo’s flagship product is the Echo platform, a software-as-a-service (SaaS) tool that enables organizations to communicate with their most important stakeholders through scalable SMS, USSD, and voice (IVR) communication. The platform generates actionable data and analytics from these communications, empowering essential insights and decisions that help organizations succeed.
Echo Mobile’s clients range from leading social enterprises like M-KOPA Solar to INGOs like Innovations for Poverty Action, multinational brands like Procter and Gamble, government ministries and multilateral agencies such as UNICEF. These organizations come to Echo Mobile with diverse and complex needs related to engaging, influencing and understanding their most critical audiences, such as customers or beneficiaries.
Echo Mobile endeavours to grow, evolve and innovate using the most effective and appropriate technologies to provide increasingly powerful and accessible tools. We are committed to enabling all organizations to engage growing African markets and the communities they serve.
As a result, we are looking for entrepreneurial, high-energy, and creative people to join our existing team. We subscribe to the work/life balance mentality, especially when it comes to soccer games, team outings and happy hours.
Echo Mobile’s Customer Success team is tasked with ensuring that this commitment is realized internally so that our product and services deliver on them for customers and Echo sustains its growth. Their goal is to help solve problems for Echo’s users and the organizations they work for. Users of the Echo platform are a diverse range of marketers, IT and communications professionals, business and data analysts, and program managers from the many different businesses and organizations that use the Echo platform.
The Customer Support Assistant will be part of Echo’s Customer Success Team. The Customer Support Assistant’s goal is to support the needs of existing Echo Mobile customers by ensuring that they receive timely, effective support as per internal processes. This role will report to the Head of Customer Success.
- Handle incoming support requests from Echo Mobile users. These requests are made via live chat, email, phone, and Skype during business hours.
- Guide users on how to discover and use features.
- Report bugs to the engineering team and test bug fixes.
- Report to the engineering team on persistent user challenges and suggest improvements and ideas that would make it easier for customers to use the product.
- Escalate requests as needed to other members of the team and manage upwards to ensure they are actioned appropriately.
- Manage Echo Mobile’s knowledge management systems. Create new learning content, feature documentation, and frequently asked questions responses
- Develop and edit how-to video tutorials.
- Contribute to training materials on Echo Mobile product suite and facilitate customer education initiatives such as webinars.
- Set up and test communication services (SMS shortcodes, USSD codes, IVR numbers) for new customer accounts.
- Manage customer account status by. downgrading/upgrading, mapping / unmapping of services and communicating changes to customers.
Product development support
- Participate in Echo Mobile user-centred design initiatives to improve the Echo platform’s UI and UX.
- Evaluate and test new features developed by the Engineering team and provide feedback and suggestions.
- Contribute to ongoing Customer Success research and initiatives intended to improve customer retention and satisfaction.
- Report to the Head of Customer Success on customer support request traffic, trends and feedback.
Required Education and Experience
The candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or professional certificate, ideally in fields related to Computer Science, Business Information Systems or IT.
- 6 months+ experience in customer support, ideally in a B2B context.
- Proficient with Google’s G Suite or similar products.
- An eye for user-friendly interfaces and a passion for web-based technology.
- A deep interest in understanding people and how they interact with software.
- Strong interpersonal skills, great phone etiquette and excellent writing ability.
- Quick thinker, strong problem analysis skills and problem resolution skills. If you don’t know how to do something, you’ll do whatever it takes to figure it out or ask others.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to learn multiple technology platforms quickly.
- Strong time management skills to enable management of multiple customers and requests simultaneously in terms of priority and deadlines.
- Ability to set expectations and communicate goals and objectives with customers and teammates.
- Prior experience working with a team of engineers/developers.
- Content writing or reporting experience.
- Web video production/editing skills.
- Experience using Zoho or similar CRM platforms.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position based at our Lavington office. Minimum work hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Terms & Compensation
Competitive benefits and pay package including health coverage, generous leave and a fun, supportive, and casual office environment with regular happy hours, contests, and outings.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE to our online application form.
Note: Sign in and fill in the form using a Google Account.
The deadline to apply is 15 March 2019.