Space and Style Ltd is a Kenyan company that has been in operation since 2002 steadily growing to be at the forefront of supply of specialized building solutions.
It is through the strength of our products that we have become market leaders in the building industry in Kenya and the region.
Due to our venture into manufacturing we are seeking a qualified Kenyan candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Position Type: Permanent
Main Location: Juja Factory
Starting Grade: One
Reporting to/Line Manager: Factory Manager
Other Benefits: See Notes Below
Overview of Position Role, Purpose & Objectives
This is a predominantly Factory based& Hands-on Role with Office Based work and coordination as and when required. Having thorough technical understanding of Electrical machines, High voltage and low voltage power & practical knowledge maintenance systems, in particular; you will coordinate the SS electrical maintenance of various machines in the factory, as per the requirements of the equipment suppliers and create space and style maintenance procedures.
You will take all steps necessary to ensure the workmanship, quality, protection and speed of work execution on planned and unplanned maintenance jobs. You will work closely with the production Supervisor’s and mechanical maintenance team ensuring logistics of supplies, scheduling sequence of maintenance is carried out timeously, and ensure there is adequate spares for all critical machines.
Corporate Culture: An excerpt from Space & Style Quality Policy
The Company places particular emphasis on obtaining client satisfaction by:
- Plan and implement a routine and planned maintenance schedule for all machines.
- Responding to breakdowns
- Ensure there is proper records for all electrical maintenance consumables.
- Ensure minimum downtime in case of breakdown, and undertake root cause analysis to prevent recurrent breakdowns
- obtaining specialist components, fixtures or fittings for all machines
- creating maintenance procedures
- Proven experience of identifying electrical system faults, identifying the cause and carrying out remedial repairs
Responsibility for upholding this policy is Company-wide under the guidance and with the assistance of senior management who encourage the personal commitment of all staff to address quality as part of their skill base.
Position Main Duties, Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Implement, maintain, and improve electrical instruments, equipment maintenance plan
- Prepare and study technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems, ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and manufacturer recommendations.
- Fault finding and rectification of faults.
- Maintenance of the HV of main LV and installations,
- Ensure power consumption in the company is optimized and stable.
- Plc Program maintenance in the plant
- Checking and calibrating instruments to make sure they are accurate
- Keeping production managers informed of progress
Desired Education, Previous Experience, Core Skills & Personal Character/Traits
How to Apply
Due to the large number of applications anticipated, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
N/B: Space and style does not charge fees from applicants at any stage during the recruitment process.
If you feel you meet the above criteria send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org