African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC)
Quantitative Field Interviewers for the ELMA – ECD Research Project in Kenya
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, nongovernmental organization that carries out policy relevant research on population, health, education and development issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
APHRC invites applications for quantitative field Interviewers, in its ELMA-ECD research project, being conducted in Siaya County Kenya (Bondo).
The main aim of the project is to assess the feasibility and effectiveness of a health facility-based combined with home-based early childhood development (ECD) intervention in Siaya County, Kenya
Minimum qualifications: Quantitative Field Interviewer
1. Must have first degree in Education or in other Social Science field
2. Be a resident of Bondo, Siaya County
3. Have proven experience in quantitative data collection and electronic data capture will be an added advantage.
4. Fluent in English, Kiswahili and Dholuo (verbal and written).
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal and report writing skills.
6. Be prepared to work full time on the project for the duration of the study.
7. Previous engagement with APHRC will be an added advantage
The successful candidates will be expected to:
1. Conduct interviews on all recruited study participants
2. Complete, edit and submit all assigned interviews for cross-checking and verification by the supervisor on a daily basis.
3. Keep updated records and databases of assigned work.
4. Regularly file reports on project activities.
5. Review the collected data to ensure all questions are completed prior to online submission.
6. Data collection progress report writing.
7. Meeting the team leader on regular basis to submit progress updates.
8. Following-up with participants for missing responses or to correct any inaccurate responses.
9. Any other related activity assigned by the project coordinator during the contract period.
Female applicants who meet the qualifications are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidates will be engaged for a period of about two months.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their electronic application including a cover letter and CV with contacts of three referees, by March 25, 2019, to: email@example.com
Please indicate on the subject line of the email. Quantitative Field Interviewer ‘ELMA-ECD ROJECT’ when applying.
PLEASE NOTE APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS DURING ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
(APHRC) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of children.