Position: Executive Housekeepers
No. of Vacancies: 2
Nature of Job: Full time
Job Location: A Restaurant in Nairobi
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing duty rosters, leave schedules and attendance registers for housekeeping staff;
- Developing and implementing housekeeping performance standards and other specifications in line with best practice and ensuring compliance to such standards by the housekeeping team;
- Reporting and following up on maintenance issues;
- Monitoring supplies and making requisitions;
- Conducting frequent spot checks to ensure establishments’ housekeeping standards are met;
- Conducting orientation training and in-service training to explain policies, work procedures and to demonstrate on use and maintenance of equipment;
- Assessing the competence of housekeeping team and offering coaching support and training;
- Identifying staff training and development needs and carrying out staff appraisals;
- Arranging flowers according to colors, shapes and sizes in order to create the most appealing and eye catching designs;
- Caring for flowers by watering, pruning and timely removal of withered ones;
- Handling disciplinary issues for the housekeeping staff; and
- Performing any other duties assigned from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience:
- At least 5 years working experience in the High paced Restaurant.
- Familiar with chemical cleaning precautions
- Computer literate
- Higher Diploma in Housekeeping course
- Diploma in a Hospitality course will be an added advantage
- High level of integrity
- Team player with an ability to lead and motivate others
- Excellent reporting and communication skills
- Problem identification and solving skills
- Working under minimum supervision.
- organizational skills
- Experience of providing high quality customer service.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively under own initiative.
- Experience of general domestic and support work.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
If you meet the above skills and experience forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.