Sheer Logic Management Consultants is seeking to engage dynamic individuals for Flexi-Cashiers position for one of our clients.
Employment type: Temporary when needed.
Age: 40 years and above
Salary: 2,000 per day
Regions: Nairobi, Migori, Bomet and Narok
- Dispense and receive physical cash, cheques, drafts and other financial instruments over the counter to walk-in primarily retail banking customers.
- Before processing each transaction, verify that all the required information for the transaction is accurate and complete in accordance with the banks procedures (for example when cashing a cheque, verify the date, bank name, customer’s ID and validity of the cheque, check amount number and amount in words agree, that customer has sufficient funds and any other prevailing requirements/guidelines that are applicable as per the procedure. etc.). Refer any concerns to the Team Leader Cash or Operations Officer for follow-up and decision-making on whether to proceed.
- Refer any transactions in excess of teller limits to the next level for authorization.
- Capture all transactions on the bank’s system and ensure that all transactions are properly authorized before processing.
- Carefully counts all cash received or dispensed to ensure that errors are avoided. Barclays has a zero tolerance policy for teller errors and appropriate action will be taken, which may include formal disciplinary procedures.
- Assist by guiding customers to correctly complete transaction documentation such as deposit or withdrawal slips to ensure accuracy and completeness of these documents.
- Provide advice to customers on the cash process to ensure the smooth flow of transactions.
- When directly receiving customer enquiries, attempt to resolve the enquiry at the first instance by using the bank’s systems. Only escalate to the Branch Manager or Branch Operations Manager or ask the customer to speak to an a Senior Official when all other efforts have been exhausted to resolve the customer’s request.
- Explain the banks procedures, security requirements (such as the requirement to provide sufficient ID when transacting) as well as services to customers.
- Inform customers of the value of using the Customer Feedback system, including explaining to customers how the bank uses their feedback to improve service.
- Identify sales leads through reviewing income levels on customer statements, questioning customers when they mention specific needs, and referring any new leads to the relevant official as may be guided by the Line Manager.
- When specific sales campaigns are running in the branch, explain the campaign details in brief to customers, and direct them to the relevant official or further information.
- Reconcile own till cash as per policy requirements as well as when cash is restocked or repatriated during the day. (current procedures should apply at any given time).
- Open and close tills according to the bank’s procedures, including physically securing the till according to requirement set out (e.g. physically chaining the till).
- Throughout each day advise the Cash/ATM Custodian when teller cash limits are reached to enable them to restock or repatriate cash.
- Ensure that all transaction records are kept meticulously and in accordance with bank procedures. Make such documents available for review/control purposes when required.
Technical Skills / Competencies
- Excellent numeric skills including meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills especially verbal
- Listening and questioning skills
- Good keyboard skills, especially on the numerical side.
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
- High level of working knowledge of all the Bank’s products, procedures and policies
- Understanding of Branch operations
- High school diploma with Math and English passed at a higher grade
- Some knowledge of competitive products and processes
- Relevant diploma and degree
- Some experience in dealing with large amounts of cash in a retail environment
- 1-2 years’ experience in a banking hall environment either as cashier or inquiries
- Branch Operations experience
How To Apply:
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 28th May 2018 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: email@example.com clearly marking – “Flexi-Cashiers”
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Our Client is an Equal opportunity employer