Title: Head Chef
Gross Salary: 45K – 55K
Our client is an indigenous Kenyan five-star restaurant chain that provides an engaging cultural experience for its customers.
They seek to hire a Head Chef who will be responsible for managing and overseeing all the duties in the kitchen, maintaining food standards and ensure consistency of all kitchen activities.
- Supervise the cooking of food items that require skillful preparation.
- Evaluate food products to ensure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Ensure end of the month inventory is accurate
- Responsible for all the food production, assist in daily food requirement orders, and maintenance of the highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
- Ensure food portions are maintained and food presentation is correct
- Approve the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Provide training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Ensure proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality, stock closing and organize the issuing and receiving of kitchen supplies
- Schedule and establish a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Diploma in food and Beverage production
- At least 2 years experience as a head chef or kitchen supervisor
- Proven track record of cost control including food, equipment, labor and waste to meet the food quality goals and the hotel’s financial goals.
- Demonstrate real passion for menu planning and leadership
- Good knowledge of hygiene and sanitization regulations
- Need to be able to manage staff, multitask when the kitchen gets busy, problem solving skills, and be keen to small details
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Head Chef) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15th March, 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.