Job Title: Head of SME
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
PROFILE INTRODUCTION: Our client, in the banking sector, is looking to hire a Head of SME who will be responsible for setting the strategic agenda for SME Banking in support of the overall business strategy.
The role holder will drive profitability through balance sheet growth, customer acquisition and retention as well as product development aimed at sustaining the Banks competitive position within SME and Micro Banking segments.
- Profitability – Achieve profitability by developing and leading the implementation of the SME segment strategy in line with the overall Retail Banking strategy. Maintain focus on revenue maximization and prudent cost management.
- Relationship Management – Create, develop and maintain high quality relationships to drive sustainable growth and acquisition of new customers for SME and Micro Banking.
- Market Penetration & Growth – Manage an effective SME’s customer loyalty program for networking and deepening market penetration through the mobile lending, cross selling and regularly scanning the environment for opportunities within SME & Micro Banking sector.
- Service/Product Delivery – Drive the development and delivery of business solutions that drive revenue growth for the SME segment by maintaining productive and strategic relations with customers, suppliers and line managers.
- Operations Management – Assume direct responsibility for SME banking process improvement by streamlining all processes and procedures to improve the functions ability to deliver efficient, effective and timely service to its customers.
- Customer Service Excellence – Champion the delivery of consistent, seamless and trusted customer service to ensure customer retention and loyalty.
- Leadership – Lead, motivate and continuously develop a credible high performing SME team.
- Training – Enhance product knowledge on SME and micro banking products by facilitating trainings across all teams.
- Compliance & Risk Management -Maintain the quality of the SME portfolio within the stipulated Non-Performing Loans (NPL) and portfolio Risk Parameters (PAR). Observe compliance to the Bank’s policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Strategic Leadership & Orientation;
- Entrepreneurship & Business Acumen;
- Results Orientation;
- People Management
- Relationship & Stakeholder Management;
- Customer Focus;
- Operational Excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business-related field. An advanced degree will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 10 years general banking experience with at least 5 years’ experience in SME sector 4 years of which must have being in leadership role.
- Professional Product Development or Project Management Qualification is an added advantage
- Must have hands on experience in Credit Analysis & Administration, sales, relationship management,
- Must have excellent planning, organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are qualified and up to the challenge apply via http://altimaafrica.com/careers.php by 5pm, 14th March 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.