West Kenya Sugar Company Limited is a leading sugar processing firm based in Kakamega County with outstation units in Busia and Bungoma counties respectively. We produce the popular Kabras Premium White Sugar and Kabras Brown Sugar.
We have invested heavily in an ultra-modern, sugar processing plant located in Kakamega County and take great pride in growing our market share by producing exceptional sugar. Over 60,000 small-scale sugar cane farmers are contracted by West Kenya Sugar Company Ltd to supply the factory with local sugar cane
We are offering an exciting employment opportunity as described in details below herein;
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Position: Full Time
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Level: Mid Level
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Summary: Reporting to the Head of Human Resources in the Bungoma (Naitiri) Unit, the Officer will be responsible for co–coordinating the operations and activities of the human resource department.
- Documenting and managing all staff records and ensuring they are complete, accurate, securely well–kept and up to date
- Build HR guidelines by updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures that align with company growth and culture
- Ensure the processes in the human resource department are consistently adhered to and where necessary, review for continual improvement
- Advising the management on pertinent matters related to human resource management
- Ensuring staff conduct and discipline is maintained in all the departments /units and thorough but fast conclusion of staff disciplinary cases in collaboration with the Head of Human Resources.
- Payroll management; coordinating the preparation, reviewing and approval of payrolls on a monthly basis
- Facilitate communication across the organization by fostering top–bottom and bottom–up flow of information, ideas, feedback and grievances to curb conflict situations
- Leave management; tracking staff attendance and managing leave days.
- Undertake HR related administrative duties in the organization
- Undertaking human resource planning for all staff to ensure that they are optimally engaged
- Recruitment and training management; developing strategies and processes to manage talent sourcing, selection, onboarding/orienting, and training of employees
- Conducting staff background checks and follow up to ensure receipt of responses for further review
- Preparing confirmation letters for staff due for confirmation after expiry of their probation period as well as those being confirmed into new appointments.
- Planning for and undertaking staff training & development through conducting staff training needs assessment and recommending relevant training for all staff
- Managing employee performance through implementation of the current performance management system
- Managing staff welfare, safety and health
- In close liaison with the Head of Human Resources, review labor, union, or industrial related cases towards amicable resolution
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management preferably augmented with a Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Must be a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in HR and administration
- Effective communication skills, including written, verbal, and listening skills.
- Organized planner, capable of prioritizing tasks and multitasking efficiently.
- Demonstrated leader with strong training, coaching, and motivational skills.
- Commitment to exemplifying the highest integrity and professional business ethical standards.
- Team player that can adapt to a fast pace and changing environment
Interested and qualified applicants’ should forward their applications addressed to:
Human Resource and Administration Manager
West Kenya Sugar Company Ltd- Naitiri Project
P.0 Box 50-50211
Email to;- firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for receiving applications is 20th APRIL 2019.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
We endeavor to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.