Because Health Workers Save Lives
The goal of the USAID funded Human Resources for Health (HRH) Kenya Mechanism is to strengthen HRH systems at the national and county levels to improve health outcomes for the Kenyan people.
In order to strengthen its team, the Mechanism is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
County Technical Officer
Reporting to the Cluster HRM/HRD Manager, the County Technical Officer will provide technical and logistical support to ensure efficient and effective implementation of interventions under program mandate and operations of County Cluster.
- Support the County HRH/HRD Manager to implement county cluster interventions including logistical support, preparation and sending out invitations, completion and signing participant lists after every field activity.
- Work with the County HRH/HRD Manager to strengthen the functionality of health HRH Units.
- Support the counties to adopt and implement HRM policies and guidelines.
- Assist in the coordination and planning of inter county HRH stakeholder’s coordination forums.
- Support the maintenance of update HR records and filing systems, and ensure the HRH data is updated in the Human Resources Information system (iHRIS).
- Assist in the county recruitment process i.e. drafting job advertisements for vacant positions, screening applications, short listing and interviewing
- Support the coordination and implementation of performance management systems and staff appraisals in the counties
- Prepare and/or edit drafts of reports, contracts, and terms of reference for contractors.
- Liaise with the procurement, logistics and finance teams on requisitioning for services in line with approved budgets in collaboration with the supervisor.
- Conduct activity budget monitoring to ensure effective utilization of financial resources in consultation with the supervisor.
- Develop County profiles including list of County leadership contacts and update regularly.
Education / Experience
- A Bachelors degree in HR Management, Social Sciences or equivalent field.
- At least 2 years working experience in Human Resource Management
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power point)
- Demonstrated competence in working with stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal, analytical skills, negotiation, influencing and communication skills
- Familiarity with public sector HR issues.
- Experience in a USAID funded Project is an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications please apply by sending your CV with a cover letter indicating your daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees who must have been your supervisor in your current or former
employment @ http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers.
Closing date for applications is March 15, 2019
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted