Because Health Workers Save Lives
The goal of the USAID funded Human Resources for Health (HRH) Kenya Mechanism is to strengthen HRH systems at the national and county levels to improve health outcomes for the Kenyan people.
In order to strengthen its team, the Mechanism is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Under the supervision of the Finance, Contracts and Grants Manager, the Finance Assistant will provide support in the payables and general ledger function and assist in the procurement of goods and services, processing of vendor payments and financial reporting.
- Take lead in the management of payables by ensuring timely settlement of bills and follow-up with procurement on timely billing of serviced orders to ensure the organization meets its obligations promptly.
- Posting Bills to QuickBooks, accurately and correctly as per the supporting documents in a timely manner.
- Generate every 5th day of the following month a payable ageing analysis report and ensure all balances are reconciled.
- Filing of all financial records in real time.
- Assist in review of the Travel Reimbursements Forms (TRFs), and Regional Float accountabilities and preparation of expense journals.
- Assist in Bank reconciliations for all bank accounts and month-end Field financial reporting process.
- Support in procurement of goods and services in strict adherence to Organizational policies and procedures.
Education / Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance.
- CPA Part 2 (Certified Public Accountant).
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a busy accounting department in an NGO or donor-funded organization.
- Understanding of USAID rules and regulations.
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- High integrity, sincerity, honesty, respectful, positive attitude and team player.
- Excellent skills using Quick books, Excel, and Access.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications please apply by sending your CV with a cover letter indicating your daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees who must have been your supervisor in your current or former
employment @ http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers.
Closing date for applications is March 15, 2019
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted