Job Title: IT Technical Analyst / Admin
Our client is one of the leading energy companies in East and Central Africa; they market and distribute fuels and other energy products within the region.
Our client is accepting applications for the position of IT Technical Analyst / Admin located in Nairobi, Kenya.
Key Results Areas
- Understand business needs and prepare IT strategy & roadmap
- Regular leadership communications / presentations on IT initiatives
- Take the lead in bringing new technologies to solve functional challenges
- Manage IT Programs following PMO Tollgate process.
- Own end to end IT Program Execution including scoping, functional requirements, project budget estimates, vendor selection, resource management, risk management and transition to support team
- Provide IT leadership in management enterprise applications support majorly focusing on Oracle-EPR
- Responsible for computer security and data integrity of the systems, safeguarding them from fraud and any kind of intrusion.
- Design and implement information security procedures based on best practice covering information system applications and infrastructure.
- Administer hardware replacement and upgrade programs for all workstations, fax machines, servers, printers, scanners, photocopiers, and any other digital equipment as applicable.
- Maintain email groups and ensure they are all up to date, employees logon IDs, accounts, and password management. Help new and current employees in creating IT and communication-related requests and conduct routine system audits.
- Ensure employees have the proper access to corporate systems and business roles as required to enable them to conduct their work duties in an efficient manner.
- Coordinate contracting of vendors for IT services and liaises with them in matters regarding IT services provided.
- Responsible for safe custody of all ICT software’s, hardware accessories.
- Review the implementation of business continuity plans, disaster recovery plans and emergency response.
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the organisation can gain competitive advantage.
- Ensure company policies, standards and IP controls are maintained by performing and completing all required compliance requirements for the application. (Acceptable use, information security, etc.).
- Ensure performance and conduct complex troubleshooting.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or related field from a recognized University.
- 4+ years of experience in IT support teams providing support for IT applications, Windows server or infrastructure related technologies and use of oracle system.
- Oracle certified a must
- Professional qualification in ICT: MCSE, IMIS, CCNA or related qualification.
- Membership to a Professional body.
- Experience in ERP systems implementation & Application support
- Experience in working in a cross-functional matrix environment
- Demonstrated business acumen – able to create strategy and actions that impact business success.
- Ability to be forward thinking and use technology and other modern tools to drive decision making and implementation.
- Professionalism and integrity.
- Risk awareness and focus – demonstrate understanding of risk management practices, standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to lead, influence and drive change initiatives in support of business strategies.
- Strong analytic skills.
- Good communication and coordination skills.
Preferred Skills & Certification
- Good ITSM processes understanding (Incident & Change Management) with strong analytic skills with ITIL framework.
- Experience on installations, upgrades and migrations on IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and/or windows (on premise) application platforms.
- Experienced in master data domains
- ITIL Foundations v3 certified
- Batch processing and automation
- Control Point and/or Content Manager Administration
- Informatica Administration
- Experience in code development preferably C#, .Net)
- PowerShell scripting
- Programming Languages (e.g. .NET and Java)
- SQL Language
- JAVA scripting/JQuery
- DevOps methodology
- Master Data Management tool
How to Apply
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed CV indicating current and expected salary and their daytime contact to email@example.com.
All applications should be received not later than March 15, 2019 at 6:00 p.m.
“Our Client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.”
“Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted”.