Kenya Power Pension Fund (KPPF) is a Retirement Benefits Scheme registered with Retirement Benefits Authority, responsible for providing pension benefits to permanent and pensionable employees of Kenya Power, KETRACO and Kenya Nuclear Electricity Board upon their retirement or withdrawal and to their dependents in the event of death in service.
It is in this pursuit that KPPF is seeking to recruit top talent to join the innovative and transformative team to deliver on key milestones of the Fund.
The individuals to fill the executive positions should be result oriented, self-driven, with vision, creative and of high integrity.
Applications are therefore invited from qualified persons to fill the vacancy below:
Head of Human Resource & Administration
Reports to CEO & Trust Secretary
Purpose of the job: The Head of HR & Administration will be responsible for providing strategic leadership and management over the Fund’s human resources and staff development and coordinating all administrative support services.
- Design, development, implementation and evaluation of HR strategic plan and align with the Fund’s Strategic plan.
- Regularly review the Fund’s organization structure and provide strategic advice on its appropriateness and ensuring sufficient staffing and optimum establishment.
- Develop, implement and maintain a framework of policies and procedures that enable the Fund to engage, develop and manage its people in accordance with the core values and within Kenyan labour laws.
- Recruit high calibre skilled staff to match present and future operational and business requirements in line with the Fund’s Strategy.
- Identify Trustees and employees training and development needs, plan and coordinate relevant training programmes.
- Drive the performance management process in line with the framework and guidelines.
- Implement talent management processes and development of the leadership and succession framework.
- Ensure that succession planning is integrated with business planning and the prevalence of a knowledge transfer plan is designed.
- Review, manage and propose compensation that enables the Fund to remain competitive and attractive.
- Partner with functional leaders to compile, maintain and execute strategic workforce plans.
- Provide professional expertise in the implementation of the talent review process and creation of an internal bench of top talent.
- Coordinate processing of the monthly Payroll and other benefits and coordinate leave management.
- Manage the disciplinary process and related processes ensuring documentations are done in accordance to set policies, procedures and Employment Act.
- Manage all office administrative matters to ensure staff welfare matters are addressed and that the fund operates in a good working environment in line with OSHA.
- Maintenance of confidential storage of all HR related documents including staff files, payroll, minutes and benefits database.
The job holder should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or related discipline from a recognized University.
- Professional qualification(s) in Human Resources e.g. CHRP or equivalent.
- Current and valid Human Resource Practicing License
- Eight (8) years’ post qualification experience in a HR role in a medium or large size organization with at least three (3) years at management level.
- Change management experience with knowledge of current best practices and trends.
- A master’s degree in related discipline will be an added advantage.
In addition, candidates should demonstrate the following personal traits and competencies:
- Strong leadership skills to foster teamwork; develop and motivate staff, ability to provide direction, guidance, momentum and vision in order to achieve the Fund’s objectives.
- Demonstrated business acumen – able to create strategy and actions that impact business success.
- Ability to be forward thinking and use technology and other modern tools to drive decision making and implementation.
- Professionalism and integrity.
- Risk awareness and focus – demonstrate understanding of risk management practices, standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to lead, influence and drive change initiatives in support of business strategies.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted through e mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org to be received not later than Tuesday 19th March 2019.
In addition, please attach a Curriculum Vitae that contains details of your qualifications, experience and positions held relevant to the roles.
Also attach copies of certificates and other relevant testimonials and clearly indicate current and expected gross pay.
Include your telephone numbers, email address, names and addresses of three (3) professional referees.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo integrity and security background vetting.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.