Kenya Girl Guides Association (KGGA)
Job Vacancy: Operations Manager
KGGA is one of the largest youth Associations in Kenya. KGGA operates through a value-based program and has a national membership of girls and young women representing every race, ethnicity, culture, class and religion in Kenya.
We are looking to fill the position of Operations Manager who will be reporting to the Executive Officer.
Job Objectives: Shape and lead on the delivery of the vision for KGGA’s service to girls and young women and inspire extraordinary volunteers to ensure they can deliver a first-class guiding experience to girls and young women in Kenya. Ensure the effectiveness of a dynamic nationwide youth organisation. Work in partnership with the Regional Commissioners to provide vision and leadership for the country.
- To advocate for Girl Guides; the “voice” for girls at national level understanding of critical issues affecting girls’ lives.
- Ensure each member of the Association in the Kenya has access to the Guiding Programme, Adult leadership training and Programme opportunities participation within each year.
- Implement, monitor and report outcome measurements for all programmes ensuring appropriate recognition of volunteers.
- Responsible for National and Nairobi County events.
- To market, develop the membership and promote the Association and grow membership market share in the country and in Nairobi;
- Maintain the membership database and conduct the annual national census.
- To lead and oversee the implementation of the Association’s long-and short-term national operations plans, in accordance with its strategy;
- To ensure revenue is generated within the Regions in line with the Associations targets.
- To ensure that expenditures of the Regions are within the authorized annual budget of the Association;
- To assess the principal risks of the Association in the Regions and to ensure that these risks are being monitored and managed;
- To ensure effective internal controls and management information systems are in place;
- To ensure that the Association maintains high standards of corporate citizenship and social responsibility within the Regions;
- To act as a liaison between Kenya Girl Guides staff and the Regional staff; to communicate effectively with employees, volunteers, Government authorities, other stakeholders and the public;
- To keep abreast of all material undertakings and activities of the Association within the Regions and all material external factors affecting the Association within the Regions and to ensure that processes and systems are in place to ensure that the management of the Organization are adequately informed;
- To ensure that the Regional Commissioners are properly informed, and that sufficient information is provided to the to enable them to form appropriate judgments;
- To ensure the integrity of all public disclosure by the Regions;
- In concert with the Regional Commissioners develop Regional workplans.
- To supervise the Nairobi County Intern.
- To abide by specific internally established control systems and authorities proposing changes to existing policy as required.
- Bachelor degree in a management field (Business, Marketing or Finance). Masters degree is desirable.
- At least 5 years in a similar position
- Proven ability to deliver a strategy
- Experience working with volunteers
- Strong People management and goal setting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of Girl Guiding with a passion for girls and young women
- Advanced computer skills especially in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Good coordination and presentation skills
- Proven experience in leadership
- Can work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced commercial environment with serial deadlines.
Please submit a cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position together with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4th April 2019.
Indicate Operations Manager in the Subject Line.
Late applications or hard copies will not be considered.
At no point in the entire recruitment process shall the candidate have to pay any money as a condition of engagement.
Only shortlisted candidates will have their applications acknowledged.
KGGA is an “equal opportunity organization” that is committed to hiring highly qualified individuals regardless of gender, religion, race, creed or marital status.