Debt Manager (Collections Agent)
Company Information: Lipa Later is a consumer finance organization leveraging financial inclusion by allowing people to pay for otherwise unaffordable smart devices and other consumer items in affordable monthly instalments.
To ensure our clients receive nothing short of the best quality and variety in the market, we have partnered with several organizations including Samsung East Africa, Anisuma, Oppo Kenya, Infinix, Startimes, Jumia, Saruk, Tile and Carpets, House Wife’s Paradise.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Organize calling list according to severity of delinquency – severity of delinquency here will be determined by the loan amount; instalment amount for short term loans (3 months and below) and client repayment history.
- Call debtors before Due dates to remind them to make repayments
- Call debtors on due dates to ensure they repay
- Receive and record all Promises to Pay from debtors
- Negotiate for clearance of arrears/default with clients
- Negotiate for most agreeable Promises to Pay from debtors – most agreeable are those to pay within 7 days of the instalment falling due for arrears and within seven days after calling for older defaulters
- Daily update Individual Collection Portfolio records – that is repayments made, Promises to Pay made, demand notices sent, accounts recommended for repossession.
- Ensure demand notices for debtors who did not keep their Promises to Pay are sent in a timely manner as per policy.
- Follow up on Promises to Pay received.
- Recommend clients to be repossessed based on response so far received and the debt collection policy.
- Conduct repossessions on defaulted accounts as per plan.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in debt collection or at least two (2) years’ experience in microfinance.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Proficiency in usage of debt record databases
- Exceptional communication skills
- A good listener
- Aggressive and persistent personality
- Works well with minimal supervision
- Report writing and presentation skills
All written applications and CVs should be submitted via the email below: