East Africa Trade and Investment Hub
Scope of Work
Background: The USAID East Africa Trade and Investment Hub (the Hub) boosts trade and investment with and within East Africa. It does this by deepening regional integration, increasing the competitiveness of select regional agricultural value chains, promoting two-way trade with the United States (U.S.) under the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) and facilitating investment and technology to drive trade growth intra-regionally and to global markets.
The Hub supports the U.S. Government’s Feed the Future initiative. The Hub is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
Objectives and Duties:
The M&E Specialist will support the development and day-to-day operations of the M&E systems to document project progress and results and inform program implementation and management.
The M&E Specialist will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following detailed tasks:
- Develop and manage an effective database for documentation of project activities and results
- Conduct and/or support primary data collection for selected agricultural and non-agricultural commodities
- Develop and execute robust data analysis procedures using advanced statistical and geo-spatial techniques
- Support the development, review and implementation of the Hub’s Performance Management Plan (PMP) and M&E system.
- Support the design and execution of baseline assessments, annual surveys and other specialized studies.
- Provide day‐to‐day management of the project’s M&E plan.
- Lead training and capacity building activities for monitoring-related techniques and methods for the Hub’s staff.
- Apply Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to support the project’s overall development planning, design, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, information technology or related field
- Practical knowledge and skills in use of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and other related information technologies/techniques
- Experience in database development and management
- At least 5 years of M&E experience in USAID funded programs
- Demonstrated experience with statistical analysis programs, such as SPSS or STATA, is preferred
- Excellent writing, speaking, and reading skills in English
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
Supervisory Responsibilities: The M&E Specialist will have no supervisory responsibilities.
Base of Operations: Nairobi, Kenya
Period of performance: On or around April 1, 2019 to July 31, 2019
Reporting: The M&E Specialist will report to the Deputy Chief of Party – Technical
How to Apply
Interested candidates should CLICK HERE to apply online by March 14, 2019 5.00 pm.
Please note that only candidates who send their information via the link and deadline will be eligible.
Visit http://www.eatradehub.org/opportunities to view the scope of work and learn more about the Hub.