Meridian Health Group (MHG) is one of the fastest growing service providers in the Kenyan medical industry providing the full spectrum of healthcare services.
We are inviting self-motivated and talented candidates to fill in the following position:
Clinical Officer (Mombasa)
Reporting to the Clinical Services Manager, the Clinical Officer’s main purpose will be to ensure proper management of activities and staff to enable holistic care to both clients and staff at the branch.
The Clinical Officer will be the team leader at the branch.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive and good quality clinical services to patients.
- Diagnose and institute appropriate treatment for the clients to reduce morbidity, mortality and increase longevity of the patients’ life.
- Perform minor surgical operations.
- In collaboration with the team receive and attend to patients who require emergency services.
- Ensure the clinic treatment rooms are well equipped at all times.
- Ensure that patient data/ information are handled confidentially at all times.
- Ensure effective clinical procedures, rules, regulations which are consistent with organization procedures.
- Prepare the daily, weekly & monthly plans/schedules and reports.
- Ensure proper and cost-effective use of resources.
- Ensure that the clinic environment is safe and complies with infection control standards.
- Give treatment while ensuring that established treatment protocols and treatment process as well as dispensing of drugs are carried out efficiently.
- Maintain confidentiality of all activities to preserve dignity of patients.
- Ensure accurate and secure documentation of activities is kept.
- Maintain adequate supplies drugs at all times.
- Maintain up-to-date patient records at the clinic.
Clinical Officer Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery or Clinical Medicine and Community
- Health from Recognized institution.
- Be a registered member of the Clinical Officers Council.
- Possess a valid practicing license from the Clinical Officers’ Council.
- At least three (3) years relevant post internship experience in a similar position.
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the requirements for any of the positions above should send current CV and cover letter quoting the post applying for in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.