Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar External Relations Senior Associate to lead the design and implementation of partnerships efforts across our school network in Kenya.
This is an opportunity to create a transformative brand with the future of Africa’s youth at stake.
ABOUT NOVA PIONEER
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content.
At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school.
Nova Pioneer uses a unique, inquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 6 schools in South Africa and 3 schools in Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade.
To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the External Relations Senior Associate, you will take the lead on providing a ‘wow’ experience for the following customer segments:
- Prospective parents/students.
- Primary Schools / Head Teachers.
- New Lead Generation.
- Other key stakeholders that drive applications/enrollments (including but not limited to): Employers, Churches, Estates and Community Leaders.
At its core, your role is building partnerships with the above mentioned segments with the explicit goal of driving applications.
- Relationship / Account Management: You will be responsible for understanding the customer mix, segmenting (profiling) them, designing and executing an effective engagement strategy based on this analysis.
- Lead generation (top of funnel, awareness stage): You will be responsible for developing a new lead generation strategy by understanding how and where to connect with partner organizations, and creatively designing engagements that optimize our effectiveness.
- External Events: You will be expected to organize and execute Nova Pioneer’s external events that creatively encourages increased engagement with parents, head teachers and the above listed customer segments.
- Outreach and Brand Building: You will be constantly seeking new outreach opportunities for Nova Pioneer to connect with different (but relevant) audiences to raise the profile of our brand in Nairobi and beyond.
- Procurement: You will be responsible for liaising with approved suppliers to order and refill marketing materials e.g. as well as identifying and booking venues for meetings, meals, and events.
- You have at least 4 years of relevant work experience in sales, communications, relationship management, or related consumer-facing roles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/Commerce/Business Administration or any other relevant related field.In your past work experiences, you’ve demonstrated strong project management abilities and have experience with event planning.
- You’re a strategic thinker and can independently develop and execute a plan with clear timelines and delivery.
- Your past managers describe you as a self-starter with strong work ethic.
- You truly enjoy interacting with new people, the challenge of building relationships, and have strong interpersonal skills.
- You are passionate about education (required) and have a deep knowledge of the space (desired.
- Good analytical skills and is data driven.
- Social media savvy.
- You have good knowledge of ATL & BTL.
- Strong problem-solving and creative skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you?
If so, then apply here: https://novaacademies.applytojob.com/apply/jI97V3MMR6/External-Relations-Senior-Associate
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume.
You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.