One Acre Fund
Local Government Relations Officer
Kakamega or Kisii
Job Description: The Local Government Relations Officer (LGO) will be responsible for building effective relations with government officials at the County level and below. General roles include participating in stakeholder meetings, producing and sharing quarterly reports, tracking concerns and supporting resolutions to problems.
He/she will also play an active role in coordinating our participation in internal and external field events which include input delivery visits, harvest visits and exhibition days among others.
The Local Government Relations Officer’s responsibilities will include:
- Build and manage relationships with government officials at the County level and below through courtesy calls and other meetings.
- Act as a focal point between One Acre Fund departments and government officials in Western, Rift Valley or Nyanza regions.
- Coordinate regulatory approvals, operational licenses and permits with government regulators.
- Track and participate in the resolution of risks and issues affecting field-facing operations.
- Coordinate One Acre Fund’s involvement in agriculture shows and agricultural sector functions.
- Plan and execute on logistics for events that the Government Relations department holds in the field with local and national government officials as well as politicians.
- Prepare quarterly reports, and develop trainings relevant to the department.
- Review county strategies and policies, and advise One Acre Fund departments on next steps.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Government Relations Specialist or departmental leadership.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills.
Your manager will invest significant time in your career development.
We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentor ship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews.
We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about.
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of agriculture, public relations, communication and community development preferred.
- Public relations, community development or agriculture-related experience preferred.
- Ability to think strategically and translate that thinking into action plans that accomplish goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate and effectively advocate on behalf of the organization.
- Strong communication (written and oral) and public speaking skills.
- Good organizational skills and exceptional at multi-tasking.
- Willing to live in Kakamega or Kisii with extensive travel across Western, Rift Valley and Nyanza regions.
- Conversant with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power Point.
- Fluent in English and Swahili – Kalenjin, Luo, Luhya, or Kikuyu a plus.
- Passion for serving smallholder farmers.
Preferred Start Date: 15th April 2019
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online.
All applications to be submitted by 18th March 2019
Job Location: Kakamega or Kisii, Kenya
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Duration: Full-time job.
Sponsor International Candidates: No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process.
Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.