Job Vacancy: Oracle Database Administrator
This position is based in Nairobi and it is a 6 months contract with possibility of renewal.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform Database installation, HA and RAC configurations;
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly DB monitoring activities, patching, back up and restoration;
- Perform tuning and trouble shooting for Data Base related issues;
- Installing and upgrading the Oracle server and application tools;
- Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system;
- Creating primary database storage structures (tablespaces) after application developers have designed an application;
- Creating primary objects (Tables, views, indexes) once application developers have designed an application;
- Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers;
- Enrolling users and maintaining system security;
- Ensuring compliance with your Oracle license agreement;
- Controlling and monitoring user access to the database;
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database;
- Planning for backup and recovery of database information;
- Maintaining archived data on tape;
- Backing up and restoring the database;
- Contacting Oracle Corporation for technical support.
- Experience of 3-5 years in managing Oracle and SQL Server databases ( A must)
- Oracle certified DBA will be preferred for this position.
How to Apply
Send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29th March 2019, 2 PM.
Clearly indicate the job title.