PAC University is a chartered Private University in Kenya founded on strong Christian values. The University is committed to growing its capacity and create a competitive edge in higher education in Kenya and beyond, distinguishing itself by offering high quality, transformative and value-based education.
It insists on having excellence in terms of facilities; efficiency in delivery of service; and good fit, available and committed staff with relevant qualifications and experience to drive the strategy of the University through its Vision and Mission.
Pan Africa Christian (PAC) University is seeking to recruit suitable candidates for the positions below.
The holders will be under the supervision of the Vice-Chancellor.
Applicants must be born again Christians and active members of a local Church.
Job Title: Deputy Vice Chancellor – Administration, Finance and Planning
Those who had applied earlier need not re-apply.
For appointment to the position of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration, Finance and Planning), a person shall:
- Be of the rank of a Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor and a holder of an earned Doctorate degree or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Have thorough knowledge of the structural, legislative and regulatory framework for administering University education in Kenya;
- Have at least five years hands-on experience at a senior level in a University or equivalent institution with demonstrable leadership and management capacity;
- Have experience and thorough knowledge of financial management and human resource management;
- Have demonstrable experience in development and implementation of university policies and guidelines in procurement, finance, administration, human resource and planning.
- Be an accomplished scholar with proven track record in research and publications in peer reviewed journals, monographs and books;
- Have experience in designing and managing academic programs, supervising and mentoring Masters and PhD students;
- Have demonstrate experience in coordinating the activities of business units;
- Have sufficient experience in networking, fundraising and resource mobilization;
- Have demonstrable experience in transformative and strategic leadership;
- Have demonstrable growth in the entity s/he is now leading;
- Demonstrable evidence of having been a great team player at senior management level, preferably within a university set up.
- Understand and adhere to PAC University Statement of Faith.
The following core competencies and skills will be required for the position of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration, Finance and Planning):
- Planning and implementing projects;
- Financial analysis skills;
- Being a visionary and results oriented thinker;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to integrate Christian faith/principles in leadership;
- Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines; and
- Firm, fair and with transparent management style.
As per the Charter and Statutes of the Pan Africa Christian University, the duties and responsibilities of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Finance, Planning and Development) shall be:
- Management of Finance, Assets and Development Plans;
- In charge of designing, modeling and managing long-term financial and physical plans;
- In charge of optimal utilization and investments of the University’s finances and assets;
- In charge of annual budgeting, planning, monitoring and management strategies;
- Oversee the maintenance of the University buildings and property including furniture, equipment, etc., and all other property of the University.
- Monitor and ensure that all security measures for the University are adequate.
- Responsible for provision of accurate and current financial information to support decision making;
- Shall be responsible for appropriate Finance and administration Management Policies and procedures in conformity with the relevant laws guidelines and frameworks in Kenya;
- Carry out such other duties and responsibilities as may be delegated by the Vice Chancellor in a quest to drive the vision and mission of the Pan Africa Christian University.
Appointment: The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration, Finance and Planning) shall hold office for a term of five years with the possibility of one time renewal for another term of similar years subject to a positive appraisal by the University Council.
Thank you for visiting our website www.pacuniversity.ac.ke
Each application shall be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, 3 letters of reference, and other relevant supporting documents.
Applicants should email their applications to
The Vice Chancellor,
Pan Africa Christian University
with the clear position applied for on the subject of the email.
The applications MUST be received on or before 18th April 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Pan Africa Christian University is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, the marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.