PAC University is a chartered Private University in Kenya founded on strong Christian values. The University is committed to growing its capacity and create a competitive edge in higher education in Kenya and beyond, distinguishing itself by offering high quality, transformative and value-based education.
It insists on having excellence in terms of facilities; efficiency in delivery of service; and good fit, available and committed staff with relevant qualifications and experience to drive the strategy of the University through its Vision and Mission.
Pan Africa Christian (PAC) University is seeking to recruit suitable candidates for the positions below.
The holders will be under the supervision of the Vice-Chancellor. Applicants must be born again Christians and active members of a local Church.
Job Title: University Chaplain
The incumbent will be in charge of spiritual nurture in the University and will be responsible for the activities and initiate programs that provide occasions for reflecting on personal and community values; facilitate formation of spiritual disciplines; provide support for spiritual exploration and appreciation within the overall academic and developmental mission of the University; and promote an understanding and appreciation of the variety of religious and spiritual experiences in human life.
For appointment to the position of Chaplain, a person shall:
- Possess an earned PhD. Preferably in Bible & Theology, Divinity or other related area from a recognized University.
- Must have 4 years senior administrative experience in an Evangelical church.
- Must be an ordained Evangelical minister.
- Prior teaching in a University will be an added advantage.
- Must be a person of high integrity and unquestionable character.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, effective Interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective listening skills and ability to work independently
- Proven problem solving and organizational skills, flexibility and calm under pressure
- Understand and adhere to the PAC University Statement of Faith.
- Provide leadership to the Chaplaincy Department
- Overall Coordination of the Spiritual Services and Programs in the University.
- Provide leadership to the Spiritual Ministries (care groups, fellowships and worship ministries) in the University.
- Lead, guide and direct the programs and activities of the care groups and worship ministries.
- Organize and coordinate activities of care and worship ministries.
- Organize and coordinate outreach activities for the University
- In-charge of organizing Chapel services, the guest preachers and in organizing the spiritual emphasis week and University prayer days.
- Teaching courses per semester as prescribed by the University Workload policy.
- Develop, implement and monitor annual operational plans and budgets for the spiritual services and programs
- Promoting the visitation ministry to needy members of the community through involvement of all the members of the university community, and guiding and directing prayer forums, meetings and periodic retreats for the care groups.
- Develop partnerships and liaise with other churches, Para-church organizations and other institutions on matters that relate to care and worship ministries on behalf of the University and those that relate to missions, outreach and evangelistic campaigns organized on joint basis.
- Preach and teach in various services and fellowship meetings in the University and assist the Dean of Students and Chaplain in delegated/assigned areas and to conduct Church ceremonies (if ordained).
- Carry out such other duties and responsibilities as may be delegated by the Vice Chancellor in a quest to drive the vision and mission of the Pan Africa Christian University
The University Chaplain shall hold office for a duration of three years with the possibility of one time renewal for another term of similar years subject to a positive appraisal by the University Management.
Thank you for visiting our website www.pacuniversity.ac.ke
Each application shall be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, a written personal testimony in relation to the role, National Identity Card or Passport, 3 letters of reference and together with other relevant supporting documents.
Applicants should email their applications to The Vice Chancellor, Pan Africa Christian University on firstname.lastname@example.org with the clear position applied for on the subject of the email.
The applications MUST be received on or before 5th April 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Pan Africa Christian University is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, the marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.